    Network cable unplugged
    MAC Bridge Miniport
    Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda
    Wanda Rayfield, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Wanda Rayfield wrote:
    > I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
    > over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
    > Network cable unplugged
    > MAC Bridge Miniport
    > Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

    If it is in fact a network cable unplugged, it's a small round cable
    with what looks like a slightly oversized phone plug on the end of it.
    And it could be at the other end of where it goes to that is unplugged,
    usually a router, switch or another computer. Other things can cause
    that message including physical damage to the cord and other weird stuff.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Wanda Rayfield

    John Holmes Guest

    Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Wanda Rayfield wrote:
    >> I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my
    >> curser over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
    >> Network cable unplugged
    >> MAC Bridge Miniport
    >> Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks,
    >> Wanda

    > If it is in fact a network cable unplugged, it's a small round cable
    > with what looks like a slightly oversized phone plug on the end of it.
    > And it could be at the other end of where it goes to that is
    > unplugged, usually a router, switch or another computer. Other things
    > can cause that message including physical damage to the cord and other
    > weird stuff.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! From the OP: MAC Bridge Miniport...
    A small round cable you say? You fucking clueless retarded ****.
    <snigger>

    --
    Your mother was a moth-eaten lamer who used to breathe helium in a home
    for the terminally short of cash.
    John Holmes, Oct 27, 2005
  4. Wanda Rayfield

    The Wanderer Guest

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:03:34 -0500, Wanda Rayfield wrote:

    > I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
    > over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
    > Network cable unplugged
    > MAC Bridge Miniport
    > Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

    You probably have a fairly modern pc which has a built-in ethernet port.
    The operating system has recognised the port, set it up with drivers and is
    telling you it can't connect to anything on the (I'm guessing non-existant)
    network coz there ain't a cable plugged into it. If you right-click on the
    icon, there should be an option to disable it.

    --
    the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
    The Wanderer, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Wanda Rayfield

    Jon von Guest

    The Wanderer wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:03:34 -0500, Wanda Rayfield wrote:
    >
    > > I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
    > > over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
    > > Network cable unplugged
    > > MAC Bridge Miniport
    > > Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

    > You probably have a fairly modern pc which has a built-in ethernet port.
    > The operating system has recognised the port, set it up with drivers and is
    > telling you it can't connect to anything on the (I'm guessing non-existant)
    > network coz there ain't a cable plugged into it. If you right-click on the
    > icon, there should be an option to disable it.

    Think yer right, there's not really an unplugged cable.

    Look for that Mac thingie in Network Connections, Advanced, then just
    Disable it.

    or right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager,
    Network Adapters, Mac Bridge, right click Properties, then Disable at
    Device Usage.
    Jon von , Oct 27, 2005
  6. Wanda Rayfield wrote:

    > I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my
    > curser over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
    > Network cable unplugged
    > MAC Bridge Miniport
    > Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

    You have made a bridge out of your computer - maybe you bridged the
    dialup adapter with the LAN, and one of them is unplugged.
    Most of the times (at least as long as you don't know more about the
    "bridge") it happened unintentionally and you can remove it (open
    network connections).
    to remove offending incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    Linux woodpecker.fdns.net 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Oct 27, 2005