    Any ideas??

    Thanks
    Ted

    CTB, Apr 26, 2004

  2. CTB

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "CTB" <> wrote in news:408d5e5f$:

    > I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
    > network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
    > a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
    > what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
    > antivirus software, but it makes

    Are you sure it is a crossover cable?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 27, 2004

  3. CTB

    Thor Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "CTB" <> wrote in news:408d5e5f$:
    >
    > > I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
    > > network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
    > > a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
    > > what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
    > > antivirus software, but it makes
    > >

    > Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
    >
    > --
    > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    Or a *functional* crossover cable?

    Thor, Apr 27, 2004
  4. CTB

    CTB Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > > "CTB" <> wrote in news:408d5e5f$:
    > >
    > > > I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
    > > > network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
    > > > a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
    > > > what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
    > > > antivirus software, but it makes
    > > >

    > > Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
    > >
    > > --
    > > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    > Or a *functional* crossover cable?

    I have five cables. Three are normal, two are crossover (as far as I know..
    Are there other cables types of cables I may have?) I have tried all five,
    none of them work. I have inspected the connections - there are definitely
    three of one type, and two of the other.. I am assuming that one type is
    normal and the other crossover. Am I correct to assume this? Thanks for
    the help.

    Ted

    CTB, Apr 27, 2004
  5. CTB

    CTB Guest

    with

    > > > Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    > > Or a *functional* crossover cable?
    > >

    > I have five cables. Three are normal, two are crossover (as far as I

    know..
    > Are there other cables types of cables I may have?) I have tried all

    five,
    > none of them work. I have inspected the connections - there are

    definitely
    > three of one type, and two of the other.. I am assuming that one type is
    > normal and the other crossover. Am I correct to assume this? Thanks for
    > the help.
    >
    > Ted

    If there is a problem with one of the computers, will the same 'network
    cable unplugged' message come up on both?

    CTB, Apr 27, 2004
  6. CTB

    Camel Toe Guest

    bad cable?? test it out or try a new one...

    Camel Toe, Apr 27, 2004
  7. CTB

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "CTB" <> wrote in news::

    > If there is a problem with one of the computers, will the same 'network
    > cable unplugged' message come up on both?

    Yes, but if you see "network cable unplugged" it generally means that the
    network card is functioning fine and it is the cable.

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 27, 2004