    Need help soon

    Thanks for any help

    Tim

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltc2FsaXZl?=, Dec 19, 2004

  2. www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Tried to follw your website but got to windows firewall info and then to the
    advanced tab and it told me page not found. Everything up till then was
    correct as far as I could see. I do have sp2 on the office computer. A
    weird thing though. In the local are properties my authentification tab is
    missing. Very interesting.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltc2FsaXZl?=, Dec 20, 2004
  4. The page not found error has been corrected. That is actually the last page
    anyway.

    Carey Holzman, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Any idea why authentication tab is missing? Still no luck in getting to the
    network after going therough the setup for network as you state. It is funny
    that one computer says permission not granted and another one asks for a
    password

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltc2FsaXZl?=, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Try applying the following file to all XP PCs on your network, then reboot
    them and see if there is any difference.

    www.careyholzman.com/xp/home/fixnet.zip

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 20, 2004
  7. The only difference now is that the kitchen computer in workgroup does not
    see the office computer. Office computer unable to to logon to kitchen,
    still asking for a password.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltc2FsaXZl?=, Dec 20, 2004
  8. On both PC's do the following:

    click Start, click Run, type:
    net user guest /active:yes (and hit enter)

    Then, click Start, click Run, type:

    control userpasswords2 (and hit enter)

    Click Guest, click Reset Password and then click OK without entering a new
    password.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 20, 2004
  9. The office logged into the kitchen but still problem with kitchen getting to
    the office then all hell broke loose. Looks like device driver problems. E
    machines says there machines not compatible with wireless networks. Hmmmmm
    well I will try later to solve it now. Thanks for the useful info Carey

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltc2FsaXZl?=, Dec 23, 2004
  10. There is nothing specific about any PC hardware that would make it
    incompatible with wireless networks. That is entirely operating system
    based.

    You may have a wireless device that has poorly written or old drivers. Try
    downloading the latest drivers from the wireless manufacturer or
    calling/emailing the wireless manufacturers technical support, rather than
    the PC manufacturer.

    You can also email me at a later time if you need assistance.

    Carey Holzman, Dec 23, 2004