    withput problems.

    Need help ASAP
    THANKS ALOT
    Slovokaj, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Slovokaj

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Slovokaj" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have a BILLION wireless ADSL VPN Firewall Router, and i have also
    > bought a new Belkin wireless network card which i have plugged and
    > installed into my laptop which runs Windows 98. When i check the
    > network Monitor utility it says that my wireless network card is
    > connected to the network.
    >
    > The problem is that i cannot access the internet and file sharing on
    > the laptop. THE standalone (which runs XP) accesses the internet
    > without any problems.

    > Both Windows XP and the router have their firewalls disabled. When
    > attaching the laptop to the router via CAT 5 cable the file sharing
    > and internet work withput problems.

    Well in some cases NetBeui and wireless when it comes to a wired and
    wireless machine not communication is a problem. This is due to NetBeui is
    not a routable protocol.

    My solution to the issue was to use NWlink as the protocol on my Win 2K
    machines at the time that resolved the issue. My problem is as long as WEP
    was enabled on the Linksys router and card, the machines couldn't share
    resources, without, WEP enabled, and they could. Now, WEP is enables and
    NWlink is used.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_NWLnkconcepts.htm

    http://www.tomax7.com/winxp/Windows XP Network Protocol1.doc

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en
    -us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-
    us/prch_cnn_lafg.asp

    The machines are XP Pro now.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Slovokaj

    Lenny Vaz Guest

    Make sure the computers are on the same workgroup.

    --

    Lenny Vaz

    Lenny Vaz, Aug 6, 2004