    encountered a problem and needs to close."

    I need help bad.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVudA==?=, Aug 23, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVudA==?=

    mike Guest

    what operating system?
    what cable co. & CM etc?
    checked firewall settings?
    removed all ISP software?
    run windows update?
    more info.......

    mike
    "Laurent" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My wiereless network was working fine until I went broadband. I had to

    reset
    > it after the installation; now I have fast internet connection on my desk

    top
    > and Laptop (wierreless network) but I can set up my network. When I run

    the
    > network wizzard I get the following message: "Spooler SubSystem App has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close."
    >
    > I need help bad.
    >
    > Thanks

    ---

    mike, Aug 23, 2004

  3. -OS: Win XP
    -Cable Comcast
    -Firewall enable
    -I run windows update
    -Reinstall window

    Nothing changed.
    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVudA==?=, Aug 23, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVudA==?=

    Tee Guest

    "Pierre" <> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem. Have you found the source of the problem? I did a
    > search on the Internet that seemed to indicate that it could be linked to

    > virus.
    >
    > Pierre
    >
    > "Laurent" wrote:
    >
    > > -OS: Win XP
    > > -Cable Comcast
    > > -Firewall enable
    > > -I run windows update
    > > -Reinstall window
    > >
    > > Nothing changed.
    > > Any ideas?

    Same thing here and it drove me nuts. I uninstalled printer drivers, turned
    off the firewall, and it'd still hang then give me an error message. One
    thing I have noted on my XP Pro machine is that if firewall is enabled when
    I try to set up a new connection everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

    IIRC it was an issue with needing more client/services to be installed or
    turned on. Here's what I have under "connection uses the following items)
    in the properties window, general tab, of my network connection (settings
    are the same for my LAN and my wireless):

    Client for Microsoft Networks
    Service Advertising Protocol
    File & Printer Sharing for MS Networks
    QoS Packet Scheduler
    Microsoft IPv6 Developer Edition
    NWLink BIOS
    NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS
    3Com BCAITDI DMI TDI
    Internet Protocol

    Basically I "installed" (click install button under window) every client,
    service & protocol that Windows had available and it seemed to fix the
    problem. I don't know what some of those things do because I just needed to
    get my home network up & running. I really ought to look into a couple of
    them but this was the solution for me.
    --
    Tara

    Tee, Sep 8, 2004