    Anyone know the name of it or of the similar program?

    Greetings,
    emot

    elo, Aug 6, 2007

  2. elo

    Bogwitch Guest

    elo wrote:
    > Hello,
    > there was a network analyzer (sniffer) which name I don't remember. But I
    > remember that it worked as a proxy server, webbrowser needed to be set up to
    > that proxy, and after a request to open any page, that program asked (if it
    > was checked to do so) if that packed should be allowed. As I remember the
    > program was free. It has possibility to modify all the packets and send the
    > modified packet back to the origin destination. The program is for testing
    > security on servers. It was for windows.
    > Anyone know the name of it or of the similar program?
    >
    > Greetings,
    > emot

    Sounds a bit like burpsuite. http://portswigger.net/suite/

    Bogwitch.

    Bogwitch, Aug 7, 2007

  3. elo

    Hexalon Guest

    On Aug 7, 1:36 pm, Bogwitch <> wrote:
    > elo wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > there was a network analyzer (sniffer) which name I don't remember. But I
    > > remember that it worked as a proxy server, webbrowser needed to be set up to
    > > that proxy, and after a request to open any page, that program asked (if it
    > > was checked to do so) if that packed should be allowed. As I remember the
    > > program was free. It has possibility to modify all the packets and send the
    > > modified packet back to the origin destination. The program is for testing
    > > security on servers. It was for windows.
    > > Anyone know the name of it or of the similar program?

    > > Greetings,
    > > emot

    > Sounds a bit like burpsuite.http://portswigger.net/suite/
    >
    > Bogwitch.

    Ethereal is very good. http://www.ethereal.com/ hard to setup but very
    good. Solorwinds Orion is a excellent tool not free but very good.
    http://www.solarwinds.net/products/orion/index.aspx

    Hexalon, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Hexalon <> (07-08-08 14:50:00):

    > Ethereal is very good. http://www.ethereal.com/ hard to setup but very
    > good. Solorwinds Orion is a excellent tool not free but very good.
    > http://www.solarwinds.net/products/orion/index.aspx

    You probably mean Wireshark [1] instead of Ethereal. The project has
    been renamed.

    Regards,
    Ertugrul Söylemez.

    --
    Security is the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
    they are. Otto is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life; so

    Ertugrul Soeylemez, Aug 10, 2007
  5. elo

    Hexalon Guest

    On Aug 9, 11:54 pm, Ertugrul Soeylemez <>
    wrote:
    > Hexalon <> (07-08-08 14:50:00):
    >
    > > Ethereal is very good.http://www.ethereal.com/hard to setup but very
    > > good. Solorwinds Orion is a excellent tool not free but very good.
    > >http://www.solarwinds.net/products/orion/index.aspx

    > You probably mean Wireshark [1] instead of Ethereal. The project has
    > been renamed.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ertugrul Söylemez.

    > --Securityis the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
    > they are. Otto is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life; so
    > naturally he does not employsecurity.

    yes, thank you for the correction.

    Hexalon, Aug 13, 2007