Network adapter there, but not showing anyway to connect with it

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by lostends, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. lostends

    lostends

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    what happened was:

    i turned off computer after normal operation,

    cleaned dust out

    added a dvd burner driver

    brought back in and hooked up

    turned on and no internet connect.

    so, i checked my device manager and it recognizes that:

    Netopia 802.11b WLAN USB adapter

    is infact a internet adapter.

    The problem is in my internet connections folder, it doesnt show that there is even a way to connect using that adapter.

    I didn't change any settings, i undid the dvd burner, and still the same. its like there never was a wireless connection to begin with. the driver seems to be uptodate. i am quite lost, and if there is anyone that could possibly help that would awesome - matt

    lostends, Aug 14, 2006