    I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
    I get a message that there is no network adapter.
    Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

    Mandy, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Mandy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Mandy wrote:
    > After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
    > installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
    > cannot connect.
    > I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
    > I get a message that there is no network adapter.
    > Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

    I suggest that you get on the phone with the NIC's manufacture and let
    them help you solve the problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Mandy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Mandy wrote:

    > After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
    > installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
    > cannot connect.
    > I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
    > I get a message that there is no network adapter.
    > Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

    If the adapter needs its own driver, it needs to be installed
    before the hardware is added. You may need to remove the card,
    uninstall the driver, reboot, reinstall the driver and then
    reinstall the card.

    SgtMinor, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Mandy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Open the case, remove the card, find the FCC ID number and use it
    to make sure you are installing the correct drivers.

    http://www.driverzone.com/fcc_id_search.htm

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 16, 2006

    "Mandy" <> wrote in message
    > After reinstalling xp the network adapter will not function. I have
    > installed the driver (nVidia win 2000/xp n force Driver) but I still
    > cannot connect.
    > I cannot set up pppoe either. What happened?
    > I get a message that there is no network adapter.
    > Nothing has been removed or changed other than reinstalling xp.

    Who makes your network card? I mean what brand is it?

    What you installed with that driver you mentioned was actually the driver
    for a video card.
    You need the driver for a network adapter. If a CD came with the adapter
    try that. It may guide you through the set up for your adapter. If not,
    there should have been a manual or quick start guide that came with the card
    that will tell you how to install the proper drivers. If all else fails you
    could go to the manufacturers web site (easily found by searching for it on
    your favorite search engine). Then look up the driver downloads for your
    card. You will need the model number for the card to make sure you get the
    correct driver. Then just follow the directions on the web site to download
    and install the driver.

    Good luck.

    Randall Smith, Jul 30, 2006