    the network adapter. I tried two adapters and the same thing happened.
    Any help on this will be grately apreciated Mike D
    , Apr 14, 2005

  2. plazticsoul Guest

    "Rightard Whitey" <> wrote in message
    news:V_v7e.442$...
    > wrote:
    >> I have a network adapter on a computer that does not tottaly function,
    >> but I can ping the loopback and the link light lights up. The only way
    >> I can find the adapter is to go to the device manager and select show
    >> hidden devices. It still does not accept an ip address from my router.
    >> I type ipconfig and it just sits there. Anyone experience this. Is
    >> this adware/spyware or what. The problem is tcp/ip will not bind to
    >> the network adapter. I tried two adapters and the same thing happened.
    >> Any help on this will be grately apreciated Mike D
    >>

    > Delete the hidden device and then try reinstalling the adapter.
    >
    > --
    > Educating rightards every day.

    /ipconfig localhost is a good way to test if the NIC works, but it's not
    always accurate. I was able to ping the loopback on one of my old cards and
    no packets were dropped, but in the end it proved wise to blame the NIC
    anyway. Do what this guy above says... try deleting the hidden device and
    reinstall the adapter. Is it a card or is it onboard?

    If you think you've tried everything, try a new NIC. Keep the box and
    receipt in case that isn't the problem.
    plazticsoul, Apr 17, 2005