    But the driver, L100.SYS, is on the CD-ROM, and in the SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
    directory. Windows refuses to use it! Is there a Registry fix that can
    force Windows to use the driver?
    Alexander Rogge, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Alexander Rogge

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:13:45 +0000, Alexander Rogge <> wrote:

    >I've reinstalled Windows Me and have a problem with the Asante network
    >adapter. When I try to "install" it in Windows, the stupid OS insists
    >that the driver doesn't exist in any location.
    >
    >Windows finds the network card and prompts to install the driver;
    >I insert the CD-ROM with the driver on it and click Next;
    >Windows: "Windows was unable to locate the software for this device."
    >I click Back and use "Specify the location of the driver (Advanced);
    >I "Specify a location" as "WIN2K_ME" on the CD-ROM;
    >Windows: "Windows was unable to locate the software for this device."
    >
    >But the driver, L100.SYS, is on the CD-ROM, and in the SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
    >directory. Windows refuses to use it! Is there a Registry fix that can
    >force Windows to use the driver?

    Try the manufacturer's site...
    <http://www.asante.com/support/supDownloads.asp?ddlProdCategory=Cards&ddlProdSeries=AsanteFast>
    Unk, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Alexander Rogge

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:13:45 +0000, Alexander Rogge wrote:

    >I've reinstalled Windows Me and have a problem with the Asante network
    >adapter. When I try to "install" it in Windows, the stupid OS insists
    >that the driver doesn't exist in any location.
    >
    >Windows finds the network card and prompts to install the driver;
    >I insert the CD-ROM with the driver on it and click Next;
    >Windows: "Windows was unable to locate the software for this device."
    >I click Back and use "Specify the location of the driver (Advanced);
    >I "Specify a location" as "WIN2K_ME" on the CD-ROM;
    >Windows: "Windows was unable to locate the software for this device."

    As long as that or any other location doesn't contain the setup inf file
    (can't remember what format ME used , if it was oemsetup.inf or another
    filename), you can specify as many driver not found paths as you like.

    >But the driver, L100.SYS, is on the CD-ROM, and in the SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
    >directory. Windows refuses to use it! Is there a Registry fix that can
    >force Windows to use the driver?

    Me
    why?, Nov 20, 2005