Netware

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Is there a client to acccess a netware server?
    =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Nothing like pre-emptively reducing their own market share. All the same,
    they're trying to move their customers to linux right before they go
    belly-up...

    M. Murcek, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Even Novell's Open Entriprise Server lacks 64bit support. I suppose it's
    time to dump Netware?

    =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=, Jul 13, 2005
  5. They seem to bring this message across that they are doing ok and are
    building a lot of momentum.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Some places will keep their netware infrascructure in place until a natural
    disaster eliminates it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Never mind that
    the eventual need to modernize will only be more painful...

    M. Murcek, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Those infrastructures are probably running Windows NT 4 Server and Windows
    95 on the client side.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Yeah - I'm waiting for at least one of 'em to give me a big contract to
    upgrade their geriatric network.

    M. Murcek, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Any company running hardware with NT Server and 95 might as well replace
    that entire infrastructure and start from scratch.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?cmtkYXRh?=

    ponpon.nul Guest

    rkdata a écrit :
    > Even Novell's Open Entriprise Server lacks 64bit support. I suppose it's
    > time to dump Netware?

    It is time to dump something when it dowsn't work anymore.

    I am sure that in many case, Novell, Windows 4 or OS/2 still completely
    fullfil their jobs.

    Do you by a new car everymonths because a new model appear ?

    J0

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net
    ponpon.nul, Jul 16, 2005