    them. What am I not configuring properly? I've looked at the information
    on the NetStumbler website and from what I can see, NetStumbler should just
    start working as soon as it is started.
    Kevin, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Kevin

    Clark Guest

    Do you see any messages about disabling other controllers when you start the
    program?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    No. NetStumbler starts up and reports no access points detected. I've
    tried the Auto Reconfigure button, no change. At this moment, I can see
    five networks on my Intel wireless card. NetStumbler sees nothing.

    Kevin, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Kevin

    DanR Guest

    Under the device tab... do you see your network adapter listed? In my case it
    says "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter NDIS 5.1. Also in my case the item
    underneath "Use any suitable device" is checked.
    I don't remember but wonder if it's possible that the first time NetStumbler is
    used that you need to set it up for your network adapter. But don't remember if
    that's the case. For me though... upon loading it disables Win Zero conifg and
    then shows nearby access points that have SSID turned on.

    DanR, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Found the answer. My card was identified in devices as Intel PRO Wireless
    2200BG Network Connection Prism 2. I selected the NDIS 5.1 option for my
    card and the wireless access points were then found.

    Kevin, Jun 26, 2005