    message saying "sooon.zapto.org is trying to access my ISP." So, something is fucking with my
    machine, but what? I browsed sooon.zapto.org and it is some sort of IRC site. Anyone have any
    ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp
    http://www.virusoffice.com/clinic/index.cfm

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Firewall:
    ---------
    Outpost 2.0
    Outpost 1.0 (free)
    www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
    Outpost Firewall Guide
    http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm
    AGNIS for Outpost: Outpost Ad Block List
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#Outpost

    Sygate
    http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm

    On 28 Sep 2004 13:49:32 -0500, in
    <4159b23c$>
    <PlugnPlay> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    treehugger Guest

    <PlugnPlay> wrote in message news:4159b23c$...
    > Netstat shows outbound syn packets being sent thru each port, one after the other. I tried
    > several virus and worm scanners, but nothing is detected. I turned on XP firewall and got a
    > message saying "sooon.zapto.org is trying to access my ISP." So, something is fucking with my
    > machine, but what? I browsed sooon.zapto.org and it is some sort of IRC site. Anyone have any
    > ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

    I helped a friend fix an identical situation. She had Gaobot virus, sometimes called Agobot. There are so many variants that virus checkers are having trouble keeping up with it so it's often missed. For an example of what is does, have a look here and be horrified: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/agobot_ax.shtml Your virus checker, (you do have one?) is likely to have been disabled. Therefore, an online scan is the way to go. See Mike's post. Keep that firewall on.

    treehugger
    treehugger, Sep 28, 2004