    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    frederick Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Do ISP's actually following up on Netsky/Beagle reports?
    >
    > I just wondered, as I just received 13 from one IP addy, belonging to an
    > NZ based ISP.

    Why not ask them to reply confirming receipt of your report?

    About 2 years ago, I did this with one local ISP (not the one I am using now)
    when they kept sending usage stats, billing information, and other account
    details from another user to me. This included his password (he must have
    forgotten it and asked for it to be sent to him) and his credit card number
    (didn't get the expiry date though!) as used for his monthly payments. (ie "We
    have debited your Visa Card # 1234 5678 9123").

    They acknowleged receiving my email, and for the past 2 years they have
    continued to send me, the other user's billing information every month.

    If you are reading this "Rudy", then be assured that your private details are in
    safe hands. You can buy them back from me if you like.
    frederick, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Chris Guest

    "frederick" <> wrote in news:1093412563.589925@ftpsrv1:

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    >> Do ISP's actually following up on Netsky/Beagle reports?
    >>
    >> I just wondered, as I just received 13 from one IP addy, belonging to
    >> an NZ based ISP.
    >>

    > Why not ask them to reply confirming receipt of your report?
    >
    > About 2 years ago, I did this with one local ISP (not the one I am
    > using now) when they kept sending usage stats, billing information,
    > and other account details from another user to me. This included his
    > password (he must have forgotten it and asked for it to be sent to
    > him) and his credit card number (didn't get the expiry date though!)
    > as used for his monthly payments. (ie "We have debited your Visa Card
    > # 1234 5678 9123").
    >
    > They acknowleged receiving my email, and for the past 2 years they
    > have continued to send me, the other user's billing information every
    > month.
    >
    > If you are reading this "Rudy", then be assured that your private
    > details are in safe hands. You can buy them back from me if you like.

    I do hope that wasn't Orcon you are talking about..... ???
    Chris, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    frederick Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > "frederick" <> wrote in news:1093412563.589925@ftpsrv1:
    >
    > > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    > >> Do ISP's actually following up on Netsky/Beagle reports?
    > >>
    > >> I just wondered, as I just received 13 from one IP addy, belonging to
    > >> an NZ based ISP.
    > >>

    > > Why not ask them to reply confirming receipt of your report?
    > >
    > > About 2 years ago, I did this with one local ISP (not the one I am
    > > using now) when they kept sending usage stats, billing information,
    > > and other account details from another user to me. This included his
    > > password (he must have forgotten it and asked for it to be sent to
    > > him) and his credit card number (didn't get the expiry date though!)
    > > as used for his monthly payments. (ie "We have debited your Visa Card
    > > # 1234 5678 9123").
    > >
    > > They acknowleged receiving my email, and for the past 2 years they
    > > have continued to send me, the other user's billing information every
    > > month.
    > >
    > > If you are reading this "Rudy", then be assured that your private
    > > details are in safe hands. You can buy them back from me if you like.
    > >

    > I do hope that wasn't Orcon you are talking about..... ???

    Nope - try a "cheap" ISP.
    frederick, Aug 25, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    MarkH Guest

    "frederick" <> wrote in news:1093418105.342344@ftpsrv1:

    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >> "frederick" <> wrote in news:1093412563.589925@ftpsrv1:

    >> I do hope that wasn't Orcon you are talking about..... ???

    > Nope - try a "cheap" ISP.

    Xtra?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Aug 25, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    frederick Guest

    Speak of the Devil - this arrived in my inbox this morning:

    I have been receiving someone else's account information since October 2002. I
    did tell them - sent two emails on Oct 29 2002.
    Maybe there is a slim chance that someone from that ISP might read this, and do
    something - but I doubt it.

    ***********************
    Thursday, 26 August 2004

    Dear <Not me>
    Account name: <not me>
    Hi

    Thanks for using XXXISPXXX. We have calculated that you have used 6851 minutes
    of internet access so far in August 2004. As you know if more than 200 minutes
    are used per month you will need to pay the XXXISPXXX monthly flat rate charge
    of $14.75 inc GST.
    To view your call details go to XXXXXX
    You have elected to pay by using the XXXISPXXX 0900 payline. In order to
    continue to use the XXXXISPXXXXservice you will need to make your prepayment of
    $14.75 for September 2004 by calling 0123 456789 by 1 September 2004.
    You will need to quote the following information
    · Your customer reference code of <XXXXX>
    · Your unique PIN number of <XXXXXX>
    You will be charged $15.75 ($14.75 + $1.00 surcharge) for this call on your
    telephone account. Please ensure that you have the telephone account holder's
    permission to make this call.
    Unfortunately your <XXXISPXXX> access will be suspended if your payment is not
    received by the due date.
    If you have any questions regarding your XXXISPXXX account, please check our FAQ
    at XXXXXXX.
    If your query is not answered there, please contact our Accounts team at XXXXX
    Thank you for using XXXXISPXXXX for your internet access.

    Regards,

    XXXXISPXXXX support
    frederick, Aug 25, 2004