    shop
    charged me $90 to fix. Is there something I could try myself? Computer run
    very slow.

    mac, Feb 24, 2005

  2. mac

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    Did you turn off system restore first? If not the virus will propagating
    itself.

    --
    owldo@(trash)hotmail.com
    Take out the trash to reply!
    "mac" <jj120e@nospam..net> wrote in message
    > A Netsky.C@mm virus/worm seems to have gummed up my pc running
    > win xp. I've tried scanning with Stinger scanner which runs extremly slow
    > when
    > it gets to the file with the infections and therefore seemingly no help.

    My

    owldo @ PAX, Feb 24, 2005

  3. mac

    mac Guest

    Yes....I did that before I ran the scanner. Also I just tried to run the
    Netsky removal tool fm
    symantec but it does simular to scanner...starts off fast but when gets to
    infection it drags
    and stops or runs so slowly or the pc hangs.

    mac, Feb 24, 2005
  4. mac

    Om_Audio Guest

    Search Symantec and Nod32 sites for removal tools/instructions. Also there
    is trial version of Nod32 on their site which may help. Turn off System
    Restore and do a disk cleanup and remove all Temporary files before
    performing the virus scan or running removal tools.

    Good luck,

    Om

    Om_Audio, Feb 24, 2005
  5. mac