    found.

    Any ideas?

    , Jun 14, 2010

  2. chuckcar Guest

    "" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Strange. If I go into netsh>interface and do show interfaces the
    > interfaces have some strange random 30 char or so names
    >
    > In network connections, and if I run ipconfig/a they're correct.
    >
    > Also, tried renaming using netsh and gives error network path not
    > found.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Use *one* thread for your posts of this problem and *one*
    followup-to group in your headers?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 14, 2010

  3. Peter Foldes Guest

    Bertie

    That is by default. All that random names show is the connections that you made over
    a period. I do not know the default numbers that XP keeps before flushing the netsh
    by itself

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Jun 14, 2010
  4. Guest

    On Jun 14, 6:54 pm, "Peter Foldes" <> wrote:
    > Bertie
    >
    > That is by default. All that random names show is the connections that you made over
    > a period. I do not know the default numbers that XP keeps before flushing the netsh
    > by itself
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "" <> wrote in message

    > > Strange. If I go into netsh>interface and do show interfaces the
    > > interfaces have some strange random 30 char or so names

    > > In network connections, and if I run ipconfig/a they're correct.

    > > Also, tried renaming using netsh and gives error network path not
    > > found.

    > > Any ideas?- Hide quoted text -

    Cracked it now. Its because remote registry service had been disabled.

    If this is disabled then it appears that netsh does not show the
    correct interface name.

    , Jun 15, 2010