Netscape keeps crashing with GRABMI_FILTER_* error

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Yong Huang, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. Yong Huang

    Yong Huang Guest

    I use Netscape 9.0.0.6 (which is Mozilla/5.0) on XP SP2. It keeps
    crashing. Trace file created by the crash such as C:\DOCUME~1\<myname>
    \LOCALS~1\Temp\db11_appcompat.txt has this XML line:

    <EXE NAME="navigator.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">

    Other files such as ed38_appcompat.txt has this:

    <EXE NAME="SYSTEM INFO" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_SYSTEM">

    I must admit all browsers I use, Opera9 or IE6, crash too, creating
    similar trace files. It's possible my PC is old. But is there anything
    I can do? Other programs, Word, Excel, Citrix, MSN, Adobe, and of
    course simple programs Notepad etc never crash. Thanks for help.

    Yong Huang
    yong321 at yahoo.com
    Yong Huang, Jun 4, 2008