Netscape 8 beta delayed

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Leonidas Jones, Feb 17, 2005

  2. TacoBell is not Mexican telco, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones

    Ed Mullen Guest

    TacoBell is not Mexican telco wrote:
    > This is alt.fan.mozilla. newsgroup.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> There has been interest expressed here in the public beta release of
    >> Netscape 8. I'm sorry to have to report that its been delayed:
    >>
    >> http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3159
    >>
    >> Lee

    Not sure what your point is. However, maybe you don't know that
    Netscape is a Mozilla-based product, just as are Firefox and
    Thunderbird. So Lee's post was most certainly pertinent.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 17, 2005
  4. TacoBell is not Mexican telco wrote:
    > This is alt.fan.mozilla. newsgroup.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> There has been interest expressed here in the public beta release of
    >> Netscape 8. I'm sorry to have to report that its been delayed:
    >>
    >> http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3159
    >>
    >> Lee

    Yes, I know that.

    Netscape 8 is a standalone browser based on Firefox, but with the
    ability to run IE's rendering engine on select pages, such as Windows
    update.

    I have received a number of private emails from people who saw
    discussion of this browser in this group, asking for more information.
    I therefore think it appropriate to post this information here.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Leonidas Jones

    John Guest

    Hey, I'm sure Lee knows that without you telling him.
    Just maybe, perhaps, mayhaps, perchance, some Mozilla Firefox users (and I am
    one of them) might be interested in that.

    John <><

    John, Feb 17, 2005