    have tried exiting Netscape normally (versus having the Mac shutdown
    do it) and restarting, but something is causing it to fail.

    Any suggestions on how to make it work properly again?

    usenetdg, Jul 22, 2003

  2. usenetdg

    dakota7 Guest

    In article <bfjm8b$sri$>, (Fred Moore)
    wrote:

    > I don't know for sure. Perhaps it's remembering the URL for more than
    > 6 days but is clearing the cache of the page after 3.
    >
    > Also, you didn't say which v.7 you're using. Upgrade to 7.02 if you
    > haven't. That's the last one for OS 9 and fixes a few bugs.
    >
    > hth
    >
    > --Fred
    >
    > usenetdg () wrote:
    > : My remember visited pages setting (edit : preferences : history :
    > : remember pages visited for the last __ days) is 3.
    >
    > : But when I view my history it stretches back more than six days. I
    > : have tried exiting Netscape normally (versus having the Mac shutdown
    > : do it) and restarting, but something is causing it to fail.
    >
    > : Any suggestions on how to make it work properly again?

    I have had 7.02 since much earlier this year.

    After doing some investigating, I think the problem *could* be this: I
    sometimes just "sleep" my computer, leaving all the applications running
    for 48 hours or longer. *Perhaps* (not sure), if I keep the computer
    and Netscape open all through the third day, it doesn't know to clear
    the history. Seems ridiculous (in other words, "if day == 3 then clear
    history" should in fact be "if day >= 3 then clear history" - wouldn't
    the great minds behind the browser have thought of that?), but I've seen
    stranger things happen.

    I dragged my history file to the trash, and have started again. I'll
    know in a few days if my guess is right.

    dakota7, Jul 22, 2003