    folders, sent mail, inbox, etc. it refuses to find my main folders as
    well as inbox and sent. It did recognized bookmarks. Can anyone give me
    a simple way to get the program to read my mail folders. Thanks.

    Ron G, Dec 18, 2003

  2. > I had to reinstall Netscape 7.1 today after I uncovered and was unable
    > to fix the prefs.js file. Though its new folder has all my old mail
    > folders, sent mail, inbox, etc. it refuses to find my main folders as
    > well as inbox and sent.

    Delete the new Mozilla profile directory and put your old profile
    directory in its place; you should not need to change the name of the
    old directory. When the Mozilla software is restarted, it should find
    the profile automatically.

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Ron G

    pcbutts1 Guest

    NS 7.1 stores all user profiles in Documents and
    Settings\username\application data\mozilla\xxxxxxxxsit\profiles. The
    application Data folder is a hidden folder make sure you set it to show
    hidden files. During installation NS7 looks at the old 4.7 folder and copies
    the information from there. The current prefs.js file is there also.

    pcbutts1, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Ron G

    Ron G Guest

    Thanks to both previous posts. All now well.

    /r

    Ron G, Dec 19, 2003