    Has MS put a lock into the system to stop them running, ? as it seems that
    way..

    Thanks

    Dumdedo, Dec 17, 2003

  2. On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:14:00 +1300, Dumdedo
    <> scribbled:

    >Had to do a clean install of XP to get the Com ports and PS2 mouse to work,
    >due to a new MoBo, a repair install left these out.
    >

    >Now with fresh reloads of Netscape or Mozilla they will not run at all.
    >
    >Has MS put a lock into the system to stop them running, ? as it seems that
    >way..

    Are you still blaming your software for your idiocy?

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Dumdedo

    KS Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:
    > Has MS put a lock into the system to stop them running, ? as it seems
    > that way..

    Here's a clue....

    > Had to do a clean install of XP to get the Com ports and PS2 mouse
    > to work, due to a new MoBo, a repair install left these out.

    ....operator error. OS works just fine. FACT.

    KS, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    Re: Netscape 7.1 & Monzilla 1.5 will not run.. Fixed

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:14:00 +1300, Dumdedo <> wrote:

    >Had to do a clean install of XP to get the Com ports and PS2 mouse to work,
    >due to a new MoBo, a repair install left these out.
    >

    >Now with fresh reloads of Netscape or Mozilla they will not run at all.
    >
    >Has MS put a lock into the system to stop them running, ? as it seems that
    >way..
    >

    >Thanks

    Seems that you have to remove all File parts even in the common folder..

    Now working..

    Dumdedo, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:34:12 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >Dumdedo wrote:
    >> Has MS put a lock into the system to stop them running, ? as it seems
    >> that way..

    >Here's a clue....
    >
    >> Had to do a clean install of XP to get the Com ports and PS2 mouse
    >> to work, due to a new MoBo, a repair install left these out.

    >...operator error. OS works just fine. FACT.

    As per normal you just don't have a clue..

    So why post when you have nothing at all to offer.

    Dumdedo, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Dumdedo

    KS Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:
    >>> Had to do a clean install of XP to get the Com ports and PS2 mouse
    >>> to work, due to a new MoBo, a repair install left these out.

    > As per normal you just don't have a clue..

    YOU needed to do a clean reinstall of an OS because YOU couldn't get a com
    port to work.

    As per normal, you just don't have a clue.

    KS, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:34:09 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >> As per normal you just don't have a clue..

    >YOU needed to do a clean reinstall of an OS because YOU couldn't get a com
    >port to work.
    >
    >As per normal, you just don't have a clue.

    Did you ever read my post, I don't think so, and as per normal you know
    nothing at all.

    I updated my MoBo and only did a Repair install, this caused the PS2 Mouse
    port and the 2 Com ports not to show up in XP..

    I was informed by the Agents that you have to do a Clean Install, this is what
    I did..

    Dumdedo, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Dumdedo

    BTMO Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote

    > I was informed by the Agents that you have to do a Clean Install, this is

    what
    > I did..

    Forgive me for entering this conversation late...

    "... informed by the Agents" - is this like ".. the Voices told me"?

    ;-)

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Hi there,

    Dumdedo wrote:

    >>>As per normal you just don't have a clue..

    >>YOU needed to do a clean reinstall of an OS because YOU couldn't get a com
    >>port to work.
    >>
    >>As per normal, you just don't have a clue.

    > Did you ever read my post, I don't think so, and as per normal you know
    > nothing at all.
    >
    > I updated my MoBo and only did a Repair install, this caused the PS2 Mouse
    > port and the 2 Com ports not to show up in XP..

    Try Linux, sorry Lunix. I recently got a new mobo and GeForceFX in a
    300W case. I swapped my old disk drives over to the new case, booted up
    and Mandrake detected the hardware changes, loaded the new drivers as it
    booted, and I was up and running in less than 15 minutes...no reactivate
    required...

    The penguins are coming for you Woger...they're out there...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 18, 2003
  10. Dumdedo

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:33:41 +1300, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > The penguins are coming for you Woger...they're out there...

    So the men in white coats are actually dressed as nuns?

    Devious! No one would suspect that! :)

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Dec 18, 2003
  11. Hi there,

    AD. wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:33:41 +1300, Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >

    >>The penguins are coming for you Woger...they're out there...

    > So the men in white coats are actually dressed as nuns?
    >
    > Devious! No one would suspect that! :)

    The nuns habit in this case is made from body-hugging black
    and white spandex on top of inch thick rubber...very sleek
    and stylistic, especially underwater...

    :)

    --
    Kind regards,