    ME. This has become an obsession, just trying to see how it works.
    Thanks.
    , Jun 23, 2003

  2. Guest

    I have a cable modem. In fact, I don't even have a phone modem in my
    system. So if that's what you're referring to as an Intel modem, it
    can't be that. My cable modem is US Robotics. So if I try Netmeeting,
    I'm not using anything Intel but the camera. Could that be a problem?
    Thanks.

    >> A friend and myself are trying to get on-line in Net Meeting and having
    >> no luck at all. At first, I was using Intel Video Phone which came with
    >> my INtel camera, and he was using Netmeeting. Now I'm trying to also use
    >> Netmeeting. We can't connect, or at best, it's one way with video. We
    >> also can't seem to get "registered" with one of the sites that the
    >> software apparently goes looking for you in. Any ideas on how to make
    >> this work? If it matters, I'm using Windows 98SE and he's got Windows
    >> ME. This has become an obsession, just trying to see how it works.
    >> Thanks.

    >You will probably find that it is the Intel bits causing you a problem,
    >*especially* if your modem is Intel, for some strange reason Intel isn't fully
    >compatible with Intel.

    , Jun 23, 2003

  3. Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... said:

    > I have a cable modem. In fact, I don't even have a phone modem in my
    > system. So if that's what you're referring to as an Intel modem, it
    > can't be that. My cable modem is US Robotics. So if I try Netmeeting,
    > I'm not using anything Intel but the camera. Could that be a problem?
    > Thanks.

    I only mentioned it because a friend had the same problem setting up someone
    elses pc, when he dumped the Intel modem the problem went away.
    I have problems with MSN Messenger now, because he has 98se and I have 2000, we
    can't chat unless we use NetMeeting.
    I'm not sure if the problem you are having is because you have 2 slightly
    different OS's, I wouldn't have thought so though, as ME is still 98.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003