    anyone have a comment or experience? Also any difference between a card and
    the USB connector.
    Thanks

    gwc, Feb 7, 2005

  2. "gwc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a netgear MR814 wireless router. I was going to get a wireless card
    > for my daughter's computer but I've read some pretty nasty reviews. Does
    > anyone have a comment or experience? Also any difference between a card

    and
    > the USB connector.
    > Thanks

    I have a Belkin Wi-Fi card and I am very happy with it (I also have a Belkin
    wireless router). I would suggest a PCMCIA card rather than a USB device,
    just a personal preference.
    --
    Joseph

    Joseph Stewart, Feb 8, 2005

  3. gwc

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I tend to follow the “Gallery” of complains by watching few public forums.

    As far as Entry Level Wireless Concern.

    In the past the Microsoft line of Wireless seemed to be the one with the
    least amount of complains (alas they do not make the hardware any more).

    Currently the Wireless line of Buffalo Tech. seems to get the smallest
    amount of complains (alas it is a little more expensive than the other Entry
    Level Hardware).

    Otherwise you can not make any real distinction; you would find just as many
    complains involving Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, SMC, Belkin, etc.

    I can tell you what I do. If the extra expense is not a problem I get the
    Buffalo, otherwise I buy cheap from a vendor that has a liberal return
    policy. If it is No good it goes back.

    Here some general info about Wireless hardware:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 8, 2005
  4. gwc

    NoSpam Guest

    gwc wrote:
    > *I have a netgear MR814 wireless router. I was going to get
    > wireless card
    > for my daughter's computer but I've read some pretty nasty reviews
    > Does
    > anyone have a comment or experience? Also any difference between
    > card and
    > the USB connector.
    > Thanks *

    Hi!

    I've got the ASUS WL-167g USB2.0 WLAN Adapter with a MR814v2 (tried o
    Win2k and WinXP).

    Works fine, and no Problems!
    stable connection.

    Chri