    settings but I can't find it.....help.....
    --
    Mel

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVs?=, May 14, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWVs?=

    Lem Guest

    Mel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Hope someone can help. I have been using my wireless router (Netgear) for
    > just under a year and all of a sudden it has stopped working. I work for a
    > small firm and we have a computer guy that sorts all of our "work" queries
    > out. I did drop into conversation the wireless router today and he said that
    > it may work if I change my channel, told me to go into further wireless
    > settings but I can't find it.....help.....

    What do you mean by "it has stopped working"? Is the power light on the
    router solid green? What model router do you have?

    You change the channel (which may help if you are experiencing
    interference from nearby wireless networks) by accessing the router's
    configuration utility. You should do this by connecting (temporarily,
    if necessary, to the router via an Ethernet cable). See the Users Guide.

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, May 14, 2007

  3. Hi
    These pages has a lot of basic info about Wireless.
    Read them, may be you would come up with a useful solution, or at least a
    way to explain in technical terms what is wrong with your system rather than
    the basic statement that it does not work.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 14, 2007