    Rich Kelly
    --
    If we can''t fix it, it ain''t broke !!

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaDU0S2VsbHk=?=, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Hi
    I would rather get a new card that is fully compatible with WPA.
    The reason you need to remove the fix is because the card is compatible with
    its own WPA concoction.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 4, 2007

  3. Jack; I went shopping for a different card/adapter. It seems this info about
    being WPA compatible is not listed on the packaging. Being as I recently
    bought a Belkin router, I thought I would buy a Belkin card. Nowhere on the
    box did it state if it was fully WPA compatible. How am I to find this info
    if it's not on the box ??

    Rich Kelly

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaDU0S2VsbHk=?=, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Hi

    I would not count on any thing that is printed on a Box, the language and
    the info is marketing vehicle not technical information.

    The countable thing to of is to log to the manufacturer site and look at the
    Dada Sheet.

    I do not know which Belkin model you have.

    But as an Example if you look at this page,
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=272959

    This state.

    Advantages

    .. Adds 802.11g wireless capabilities to desktop and laptop computers, for
    faster wireless networking available for home or office

    .. Fits any standard 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 USB slot

    .. Provides up to 1,000 ft. of wireless coverage

    .. Features WPA & WPA2, 64- and 128-bit WEP Encryption

    .. Offers backward-compatibility with all 802.11b network devices

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 8, 2007