    be forced to pay for their support. Anyone have suggestions on how I
    might go about getting a new computer added to the wireless network?

    , Feb 27, 2006

  2. doS Guest

    the same way you added the older pc's.

    doS, Feb 27, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I have a wireless netgear router and can now find no documentation on
    > how to add a new computer to the network. Went to call Netgear support
    > and found they CHARGE you for support after six months. This is not
    > good. I will not do business with Netgear again. The Netgear online
    > site seems to be deliberately designed to be hard to use so people will
    > be forced to pay for their support. Anyone have suggestions on how I
    > might go about getting a new computer added to the wireless network?

    What? You find out what channel the router is using. You find out what WEP
    or WPA key is being used by the router. You find out the SSID the router is
    using. You set the wireless NIC to match the settings just like the other
    wireless NIC is matching the settings on the router that is accessing the
    router currently and successfully.

    You may want to take note on this too.

    http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/wireless/a/aa112203_2.htm

    I pretty sure that Netgear has a support knowledge base at their Website
    that will explain the howto(s).

    Duane :)

    K-Man hater Duane, Feb 27, 2006
  4. wrote:

    > I have a wireless netgear router and can now find no documentation on
    > how to add a new computer to the network. Went to call Netgear support

    They come with a CD, and a nice PDF or html tutorial. I bet you even lost
    your router login credentials, messie.

    > and found they CHARGE you for support after six months. This is not
    > good. I will not do business with Netgear again. The Netgear online

    It's not them charging, they are forced to collect the stooopid- or
    dumbass-tax, by law.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:32:55 -0800, doctoroe wrote:

    > I have a wireless netgear router and can now find no documentation on
    > how to add a new computer to the network. Went to call Netgear support
    > and found they CHARGE you for support after six months. This is not
    > good. I will not do business with Netgear again. The Netgear online
    > site seems to be deliberately designed to be hard to use so people will
    > be forced to pay for their support. Anyone have suggestions on how I
    > might go about getting a new computer added to the wireless network?

    The router in default configuration should configure the new computer for
    you. And you sound to stupid to change its default config.

    Meat Plow, Feb 27, 2006