    a small wireless network, no funny business intended)

    Thanks!

    Milarpa
    Milarpa, May 21, 2005

  2. Milarpa

    dennis Guest

    "Milarpa" <milarpa.at.gmail.com> wrote in message

    > For the life of me, I thought that the default password
    > for netgear wireless routers was blank and the user field was
    > admin. Admittedly, I may have this confused with Linksys. I have a
    > mr814 reset to default and can't find the documentation. Can someone
    > confirm user and pass for default netgear routers? (just setting up
    > a small wireless network, no funny business intended)
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Milarpa

    according to their reference guide (from their webpage) it is username of
    'admin' and password of 'password'.

    dennis
    dennis, May 21, 2005

  3. "Milarpa" <milarpa.at.gmail.com> wrote in message

    > For the life of me, I thought that the default password
    > for netgear wireless routers was blank and the user field was
    > admin. Admittedly, I may have this confused with Linksys. I have a
    > mr814 reset to default and can't find the documentation. Can someone
    > confirm user and pass for default netgear routers? (just setting up
    > a small wireless network, no funny business intended)

    Well as you know most routers if you do a *hard* reset will set itself back
    to the factory user-id and PSW. You could then go to the Netgear site and
    got the User manual for the router and it would have told you the
    information you seek.

    Duane :)
    Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\), May 22, 2005