    3.on laptop SSL ,TSL and so on enabled

    Help, please !
    , Nov 9, 2005

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a NETGEAR wgr614v5 wireless router connected to cable internet.
    > My desktop connected by wire & laptop wireless.
    > I have a problem with laptop to see any of the https sites.
    > Please note:
    > 1.no firewall on notebook
    > 2.desktop connected with no problem
    > 3.on laptop SSL ,TSL and so on enabled
    >
    > Help, please !

    This is not because of the wireless connection. Assuming you have XP,
    you have to re-register the following dll's at the command prompt.

    If you have SP2, you can do it all in one go:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    iexplore.exe /rereg [enter]

    Without SP2:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll [enter]

    Click OK when you get the message that DLLRegisterServer in FileName
    succeeded and type "exit" to quit cmd.

    Repeat the same with:

    regsvr32 mshtmled.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

    More information about this:

    Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700

    Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

    Sandi's Secure Sites Page
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/ie_2.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Nov 9, 2005

  3. phi11yphan

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Actually, had same problem here, and the previous solution listed here did not work for me. Netgear model WNR834M. Couldn't connect to certain HTTPS/secure websites -- mostly of the financial kind.

    My resolution was something I would have never figured, had it not been for a web search. I had to go into the netgear wireless router configuration, navigate to the WAN setup section, and change the MTU settings. Imagine that -- the MTU setting was the problem. I was set on 1500, and that wasn't working for the https website (Chase and Washington Mutual.) Neither did 1492. So, I changed it to 1400... and BINGO. I was finally able to visit the website and pay my mortgage! (Doubt they'd let me use that technical pain as an excuse for a late payment....)

    At any rate, this is really only a workaround; because it's inconvenient to toy with the MTU settings each time I need to visit specific HTTPS websites. And leaving the MTU at 1400 was causing the Verizon router to crash (or drop my internet connection) too frequently; so that wasn't a long-term solution either.

    Good luck!
    phi11yphan, Mar 22, 2008
  4. YoshQ

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I have this same problem but my router is linksys and the site i'm trying to connect to is secure.mlgpro.com/store/

    what should I set my mtu to?

    and Start>Run cmd [enter]
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll [enter] didn't work, but the rest did

    edit: oh great, 2008... sorry guys lol
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    YoshQ, Mar 15, 2010