    I have tried resetting the router as well as updating the firmware.

    Any thoughts why that light is blinking?

    Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Guest

    "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote:

    >I used to have a Netgear WGR614 V5, I just replaced it with a WGR614 V7.
    >Everything appears to be working correctly including the wireless, but the
    >wireless LED on the front keeps blinking. It appears to blink in a pattern
    >of 2 blinks, not a data through-put blink. This happens whether or not there
    >are any wireless connections. According to the instruction manual the LED
    >should be either on or off.
    >
    >I have tried resetting the router as well as updating the firmware.

    >Any thoughts why that light is blinking?

    It likes you...

    Might try resetting it, there should be access to the board thru the
    case to press and reset it.
    --
    Gas cooker blows up island
    www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=30910&in_page_id=34

    , Jan 4, 2007

  3. Tried that.

    Jack B. Pollack, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Jack B. Pollack

    Guest

    "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote:

    >Tried that.

    How sure are you that data isn't being sent.
    Google: TCPVIEW
    and have a look.

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I used to have a Netgear WGR614 V5, I just replaced it with a WGR614 V7.
    >> >Everything appears to be working correctly including the wireless, but

    >the
    >> >wireless LED on the front keeps blinking. It appears to blink in a

    >pattern
    >> >of 2 blinks, not a data through-put blink. This happens whether or not

    >there
    >> >are any wireless connections. According to the instruction manual the LED
    >> >should be either on or off.
    >> >
    >> >I have tried resetting the router as well as updating the firmware.

    >> >Any thoughts why that light is blinking?

    >> It likes you...
    >>
    >> Might try resetting it, there should be access to the board thru the
    >> case to press and reset it.
    >> --
    >> Gas cooker blows up island
    >> www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=30910&in_page_id=34

    --
    Gas cooker blows up island
    www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=30910&in_page_id=34

    , Jan 5, 2007
  5. Jack B. Pollack

    Top Guest

    wrote in

    > "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Tried that.

    > How sure are you that data isn't being sent.
    >Google: TCPVIEW
    > and have a look.
    >
    >><> wrote in message

    >>the

    >>pattern

    >>there

    >>> It likes you...
    >>>
    >>> Might try resetting it, there should be access to the
    >>> board thru the case to press and reset it.
    >>> --
    >>> Gas cooker blows up island
    >>> www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=30910&in_pa
    >>> ge_id=34

    I've had a V6 for just under a year and it does the same thing.
    The instructions say the same as yours but it has worked with
    no problems. Even after multiple resets it does the same. I
    don't worry about it since it works well. I wonder if someone
    didn't update the instructions.

    Top

    --
    “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me
    and I didn't have the heart to let him down...”

    Top, Jan 5, 2007
  6. I thought the same thing (they didn't update the instructions), but just
    wanted to check as the router was new.
    I called Netgear yesterday and the Tech thought it shouldn't blink either.
    Guess I'll just ignore it. Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Jan 5, 2007