    Should I just get the Netgear adaptor and disable the on board wireless? Do
    you think that the hardware needs an update on the laptop for the wireless
    connection? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?SHVudGVyIEI=?=, Feb 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SHVudGVyIEI=?=

    Li'l Roberto Guest

    Best to start with minimal security settings, then beef it up once
    you have a good solid connection, have you tried using a WAP key
    instead of WPA-PSK?.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    Li'l Roberto, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Start first by checking how Netgear suggests that it be confgured, usually
    from sofwtare via the Laptop.

    Then go ahead and make your required changes.

    If you can't get it to work, then at least help is at the other end of the
    phone from Netgear's Tech Support.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=, Feb 22, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SHVudGVyIEI=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Feb 22, 2005
  5. Thank you for the links and thanks to Li'l Roberto and Bar for their input
    too. My problem was I went for the highest setting expecting it to work,
    but should have realized that i should start with minimal security and build
    on it. My wife always says... Baby steps....I will give this a try and give
    an update.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVudGVyIEI=?=, Feb 23, 2005