Netgear WGR614, can't log into broadband.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamie.Frost10, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Jamie.Frost10

Jamie.Frost10

I'm having a bit of bother with my new 'Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router'. The router is pluged into a ADSL ethernet modem (BT Voyager 210) for the internet access and then is plugged into my desktop computer (Dell Dimension 5150, Windows XP Media Centre Edition, SP2) I used the installation disk to install the router and that was all fine, I goes to plug the modem in, and switch everything on, that was fine as well, the modem switched on and so did the router. The router showed the internet symbol but it was orange, indicating that the internat wasn't connected. So I go into 'Netgear Smart Wizard' and uses the, 'Basic Settings' menu and chooses yes on the bit where it says,'Does your internet require a login?' and I typed my username and password in for my broadband, saves it. Restarted the modem and router, connects to the wireless and the internet icon still was orange, so I'm at the conclution that for some reason the router isn't 'talking' to the modem and signing in to my broadband.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Can someone help me out here?

And I would also like to know, how do you sign into broadband just using the ethernet modem (BT Voyager 210) without the router and just plugged into the ethernet port in my computer?

Thanks, your help is very apreciated as I've been in a bad mood for days because this isn't working. Jamie.

Jamie.Frost10, Dec 29, 2007
    1. Advertising