Netgear WG311V2 is failing to connect Netgear WGR614 Router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by pg.242w@gmail.com, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a wireless router (Netgear WGR614) with the latest firmware and
    I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I have the Router in my
    basement and a PC connected thru Ethernet cable. My PC upstairs uses
    this wireless card to connect to the router and it was working
    perfectly fine. One fine day, I had some problem with my PC(nothing
    related to virus or network), So I decided to format and reinstall
    Win2k with SP4. The hell broke loose..! Ever since, I am unable to
    maintain a connection properly. The connection seem to break away every
    few minutes.. (At random intervals..). I have tried everything I can..
    Moved the PC/Router around and when the PC was next to my router, it
    works fine.. But when upstairs its pretty slow and also my encryption
    is slowing down my connection speed(I have a cable connection).

    Can anyone suggest any solution.. btw, I detected that one of my
    neighbour has a linksys wireless network and its showing up in the
    connection pan... but its still connecting to my network.. Anything to
    do with that????

    Any response would be greatly appreciated...
    , Jan 10, 2005

  2. Hi,

    I don't know a lot about the wireless networking, but have a pretty similar
    setup with the Netgear WGR614 and my neighbor has a Linksys setup. I posted
    a question just a few minutes ago asking if changing channels could help his
    system from dropping the connection. It could your system and your neighbors
    are both on the same channel and causing conflict, but I'm not sure if this
    even an issue because I don't completely understand it that well. You might
    try changing your channel from whatever it is on to another one -- usually 1,
    6 or 11 and make sure your wireless devices are set to the same.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gUw==?=, Jan 10, 2005

  3. QueryBuilder Guest

    I did check the channels....I use 11 and its a 'G' and the linksys
    router is a 'B'.... So I am not sure how that should interfear with my
    network...

    Please let me know if you find anything that will solve our problem.. I
    will do the same..

    Thanks again..!
    QueryBuilder, Jan 10, 2005
  4. peter Guest

    Go to services and turn off windows wireless zero configuration
    Use only the Netgear configuration program.
    hope this helps
    peter

    peter, Jan 11, 2005
  5. QueryBuilder Guest

    I checked it last night again, and I was able to scan and find my
    network...! It shows the channel as 48(G) with 100%. Also it picks up
    the linksys Channel as 136(B) with 100%.

    But Its still not connecting to my network.. It sometimes says, that
    the network card is unplugged.. I cant even do 'ipconfig'... I have
    assigned IP addresses and also use MAC ID for distinguish my PC on the
    router side.... Can anyone help me please???

    Thanks,...
    QueryBuilder, Jan 12, 2005
  6. Guest

    I believe that wireless zero config is only available on XP; they're
    talking Win2K here.
    , Feb 7, 2005
  7. I have the same exact situation. I have a Netgear WGR614 router with
    the latest firmware and
    I bought a Netgear wireless card WG311V2. I had no problem in the past
    and one fine day hell broke loose... Ever since, I get droped out every
    other minute on my wireless PC...!

    When I scan, I see 100% signal on Chennel 48(G) on my status window.
    Also I see that there are 2 more networks in my neighbourhood but they
    all use Linksys 136(B). Will it be a prblem because this happens in the
    night time when I see those 2 networks. Other times, when there is only
    my network, I have no prblem.

    Can anyone help me please.. Is there any channel setting I can set to
    avoide such situations...????

    I have SSID enabled and I use MAC Address to capture my network card on
    the router side as well as the PC side....

    Thanks in advance for all your input...!

    Query Builder, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Helloooooo!!! Anyone has any ideas....

    Thanks in advance...!
    Query Builder, Mar 3, 2005