NetGear WG111v2 Adapter - fluctuating signal

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Fredneck, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. Fredneck

    Fredneck Guest

    I am close to getting a wireless setup on my home computers but I am
    having fluctuating signals on the wireless system.

    The first computer is connected direct to the router and then to the
    DSL line. It is a full time connection, not PPPOE connection.

    The second computer is connecting thru a NetGear WG111v2 adapter USB
    plug and finds the SSID of the network and connects to it. The issue is
    that it holds the connection for only a few seconds and then drops it,
    find it again and then drops it...on, off, on, off...on a very regular
    pattern. What could be causing this interference? I disconnected all
    cordless phones in the room and removed cell phones as well.

    The router is in direct line of site with the adapter and in the same
    room, maybe 10 feet away. The two were within 2 feet of each other
    before during setup and had the same results; I moved them figuring
    they were TOO close.

    I did a ping test thru the base computer (direct wired) of the IP of
    the wireless computer and it gives me "request timed out" message.

    Any help or advice with this?

    Thanks!
    Fredneck, Jul 20, 2006

  2. Do you have the link encrypted ?? If so, try connecting with the encryption
    turned off first. Perhaps your encryption keys don't match.

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Fredneck

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    The content of these links might be able to offer a solution.
    Wireless Basic - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Wireless - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 20, 2006