    The 612 is currently still locked to sipgate.

    Thanks
    , Aug 4, 2006

  2. Charles Guest

    I have the same problem. It is my understanding that the 612 is locked to
    Sipgate and its only Netgear that can provide a patch to open it to other
    service providers. Mine works fine but only through Sipgate, which works but
    would have preferred the flexibility of using other service providers.

    Charles, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem. It is my understanding that the
    > 612 is locked to Sipgate and its only Netgear that can
    > provide a patch to open it to other service providers.
    > Mine works fine but only through Sipgate, which works but
    > would have preferred the flexibility of using other
    > service providers.

    You can unlock it from the Sipgate site here:

    www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear

    Click on "open firmware" on the right of the screen.

    Ivor

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?