    Their support haven't been terribly helpful...

    I've tried google, but had no luck so far...

    Ben
    Benjamin, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Benjamin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Benjamin" <> wrote in
    message
    news:441f4658$0$20106$
    > I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was wondering
    > whether there's any replacement firmware (or hack) out
    > there that will let me access the VoIP menu?

    In a word, no. I believe it's possible with special firmware from Netgear
    but not with the standard version.

    > I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set line
    > two to use a different codec so that inband DTMF from the
    > PSTN will work correctly! Their support haven't been
    > terribly helpful...

    That's unusual. Who did you deal with..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Benjamin

    Charles Guest

    I have the same problem and would wish to be able to connect the second port
    to a second provider as the menu is disabled. It might be worth contacting
    Netgear.

    Charles, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Benjamin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem and would wish to be able to
    > connect the second port to a second provider as the menu
    > is disabled. It might be worth contacting Netgear.

    They won't tell you.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Ivor Jones, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Benjamin

    Benjamin Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was wondering
    >> whether there's any replacement firmware (or hack) out
    >> there that will let me access the VoIP menu?

    > In a word, no. I believe it's possible with special firmware from Netgear
    > but not with the standard version.

    Drat! Any ideas how I might get my hands on it? Google and the Netgear
    website haven't turned anything up...

    >> I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set line
    >> two to use a different codec so that inband DTMF from the
    >> PSTN will work correctly! Their support haven't been
    >> terribly helpful...

    > That's unusual. Who did you deal with..?

    I've had emails from many different people in sipgate support. In
    fairness, they have all been keen to help, but ultimately have been no
    help! They didn't have a clue what was causing inband DTMF from the
    PSTN to fail and now they won't let me have access to change to the VoIP
    menu to change the codec...

    All I want to do is to connect my house alarm to the TA612V and be able
    to control it by DTMF over the PSTN! Ho hum...

    Ben
    Benjamin, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Benjamin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Benjamin" <> wrote in
    message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > > I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was
    > > > wondering whether there's any replacement firmware
    > > > (or hack) out there that will let me access the VoIP
    > > > menu?

    > > In a word, no. I believe it's possible with special
    > > firmware from Netgear but not with the standard version.

    > Drat! Any ideas how I might get my hands on it? Google
    > and the Netgear website haven't turned anything up...
    >
    > > > I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set
    > > > line two to use a different codec so that inband DTMF
    > > > from the PSTN will work correctly! Their support
    > > > haven't been terribly helpful...

    > > That's unusual. Who did you deal with..?

    > I've had emails from many different people in sipgate
    > support. In fairness, they have all been keen to help,
    > but ultimately have been no help! They didn't have a
    > clue what was causing inband DTMF from the PSTN to fail
    > and now they won't let me have access to change to the
    > VoIP menu to change the codec...
    >
    > All I want to do is to connect my house alarm to the
    > TA612V and be able to control it by DTMF over the PSTN!
    > Ho hum...
    >
    > Ben

    Unfortunately it isn't that they won't let you have access to the menu,
    they simply can't. It's a feature of the firmware and only Netgear can
    change that, which it appears at the moment they either can't or won't do.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 22, 2006