Netgear TA612V, open firmware.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Nick, Jan 5, 2008.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    I have 3 of the titled units;

    1 As provided by Sipgate and works fine with two numbers.
    Working on the "if it's not broke, don't fix" theory, I don't plan
    to do change the firmware on this, UNLESS!

    2. A TA612V with open firmware, this has my German
    Sipgate numbers installed on line one and works fine also.

    However, I'd like to use the second line with a UK Sipgate
    number.If this is possible, will someone tell me how to set it up.
    I've proved the second line can be set active by entering the
    German Sipgate details into the router and when rebooted
    sets both lines active.

    If my wishes are possible, then I'd open the other TA612V
    and use one UK Sipgate number and the German Sipgate
    number on one box.

    This would make the other TA612V available for use with
    other VoIP providers (cheaper out going rates than Sipgate)
    and therefore would need configuring. Again, help/advice
    would be appreciated.

    And one last request, does anyone know how to bring a
    TA612V back to life after it failed to obtain the open
    firmware data. (think my internet connection went down
    during the process)
    This router works in a fashion. I can log into it, and access
    the internet via it, but can't get Sipgate to deactivate the
    configured details within or load the open firmware.
    However, the Sipgate server does accept the MAC address
    and advises me to reboot the router. Doing this does not
    cause the firmware to be updated.

    Cheers,

    Nick.

    Nick, Jan 5, 2008