    Thanks,
    Jason

    , Feb 16, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router (DG834GT/GTB).
    >
    > I am having trouble conneting to certain sites such as MS Hotmail and
    > MSDN and wondered if anyone else has had experienced similar problems.
    >
    > I know the sites are up because I can get onto them using my dial-up
    > connection.
    >
    > Do I have something configured incorrectly? Why would it not connect
    > to these two sites in particular?!
    >
    > Any help will be massively appreciated.

    Your problem is probably the MTU issue. Have a look at
    http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/mtu-issues.html

    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Sebastian Guest

    Check the MTU setting in the router's configuration. It's probably set
    too high. If you don't know what it should be, try 1400.

    Sebastian, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router (DG834GT/GTB).
    >
    > I am having trouble conneting to certain sites such as MS Hotmail and
    > MSDN and wondered if anyone else has had experienced similar problems.
    >
    > I know the sites are up because I can get onto them using my dial-up
    > connection.
    >
    > Do I have something configured incorrectly? Why would it not connect
    > to these two sites in particular?!
    >
    > Any help will be massively appreciated.

    Sometimes, you have to flash the router with the current or later
    version of the firmware, when you have a situation where the machines
    behind the router can access some sites but they cannot access other
    sites. That usually fixes the problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 16, 2006
  5. Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: I need help.. I can't go on like this. Am I mad?

    <Wf8Jf.19574$>...

    Duane Arnold, Feb 16, 2006
  6. Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router (DG834GT/GTB).
    >>
    >> I am having trouble conneting to certain sites such as MS Hotmail and
    >> MSDN and wondered if anyone else has had experienced similar problems.
    >>
    >> I know the sites are up because I can get onto them using my dial-up
    >> connection.
    >>
    >> Do I have something configured incorrectly? Why would it not connect
    >> to these two sites in particular?!
    >>
    >> Any help will be massively appreciated.
    >>

    > Sometimes, you have to flash the router with the current or later
    > version of the firmware, when you have a situation where the machines
    > behind the router can access some sites but they cannot access other
    > sites. That usually fixes the problem.
    >
    > Duane :)

    One other thing, I have the Super Troll Hen K-Man a woman pecking on my
    shoes. You can ignore her.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 16, 2006
  7. Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: never will reach my potentials because of fears

    <kk8Jf.19579$>...

    Duane Arnold, Feb 17, 2006
  8. chuckie® Guest

    Have a Netgear Wireless router on this end, just checked both of those web
    sites and I got there just fine. Go to the router setup web page and check
    your settings...

    chuckie®, Feb 17, 2006
  9. MM Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router (DG834GT/GTB).
    >
    > I am having trouble conneting to certain sites such as MS Hotmail and
    > MSDN and wondered if anyone else has had experienced similar problems.
    >
    > I know the sites are up because I can get onto them using my dial-up
    > connection.
    >
    > Do I have something configured incorrectly? Why would it not connect
    > to these two sites in particular?!
    >
    > Any help will be massively appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jason

    change your MTU in the WAN settings page of the router to 1400

    MM, Feb 17, 2006
  10. Guest

    Thanks! How the hell did you work this out?!

    MM wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall Router (DG834GT/GTB).
    > >
    > > I am having trouble conneting to certain sites such as MS Hotmail and
    > > MSDN and wondered if anyone else has had experienced similar problems.
    > >
    > > I know the sites are up because I can get onto them using my dial-up
    > > connection.
    > >
    > > Do I have something configured incorrectly? Why would it not connect
    > > to these two sites in particular?!
    > >
    > > Any help will be massively appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Jason
    > >

    > change your MTU in the WAN settings page of the router to 1400

    , Feb 17, 2006
  11. Guest

    Thanks Sebastian. This worked!

    Amazing.

    Cheers.

    , Feb 17, 2006
  12. Guest

    Thanks Walter. I really appreciate your response because it worked!!!!

    Cheers,

    , Feb 17, 2006
  13. Guest

    Thanks MM!