Netgear router help.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ZzZz, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. ZzZz

    ZzZz Guest

    I'm trying to add a wireless network to an existing ISDN connection. I've
    purchased a WGT64 wireless router and WG311T wireless NIC (all
    netgear). WinXP on all.
    The WG311T is for another PC_2 in another room. Not so worried about
    that yet.
    The old working configuration was;
    ISDN >>> Netgear RT338(ISDN Router) >>> PC_1
    NOTE: crossover cable is used between RT338 and PC. Cisco VPN is
    being used to connect to a workplace network.
    Currently;
    ISDN >>> RT338 >>> WGT64 >>> PC_1
    The directions say to connect the modem to the router using the
    Uplink/Internet port, but if I do I loose internet access. If I connect them
    using a LAN port, I can keep the internet connection using PC_1, but the
    WGT64 doesn't light up the Internet light.
    I've turned off the DHCP server OFF on the WGT64.
    The RT338 and the WGT64 both use 192.168.0.1, so I tried to change
    the WGT64 to 192.168.1.1. Now I can't access the WGT64 using either
    192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 ...?
    I'm lost. What should be the proper setup for this?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

    ZzZz, Sep 28, 2004