    need to provide (and where to find it as I'm a wireless ignoramus) would be
    much appreciated.

    Norbert
    Norbert Lieckfeldt, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Norbert Lieckfeldt

    Dave Guest

    have you tried powering down and restarting the access point?

    "Norbert Lieckfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > We are a small charity with a wired network, and one PC (Win98) linked to
    > it through a wireless Netgear Access Point (WG602). Since this morning,
    > wireless connectivity has been lost. The access point's power indicator

    and
    > the network indicator are lit, the network activity indicator on the

    access
    > point is blinking constantly, but no connection is being established.
    >
    > I have tried to access the 192.168.0.227 page on the browser to see

    whether

    Dave, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Norbert Lieckfeldt

    moon~shadow Guest

    We have to do this nearly every time with the router and I just unplug the
    dc adapter in the back which restarts it. I must admit it is getting to be
    a pain but can't understand why I have to keep doing this. I do switch off
    the power at night as the router does get quite hot. Any suggestions why it
    constantly needs rebooting? Using Belkin ASDL Modem with Built-in 802.11g
    wireless router, connected to 2 pcs one windows xp, the other xp pro. Once
    up and running okay but when I go to reset it the status indicates a private
    ip address, once rebooted goes to belkins settings 192.168 etc

    Thanks.
    moon~shadow, Jul 16, 2004
  4. "Dave" <> wrote in

    > have you tried powering down and restarting the access point?

    Yes, well, 'powr down' sound so sophisticated when all one can do is remove
    the power plug, but have done that, and have also removed the network cable
    and plugged it back in.

    N.
    Norbert Lieckfeldt, Jul 16, 2004
  5. On 16 Jul 2004 10:19:55 GMT, Norbert Lieckfeldt
    <> wrote:

    >We are a small charity with a wired network, and one PC (Win98) linked to
    >it through a wireless Netgear Access Point (WG602). Since this morning,
    >wireless connectivity has been lost. The access point's power indicator and
    >the network indicator are lit, the network activity indicator on the access
    >point is blinking constantly, but no connection is being established.
    >
    >I have tried to access the 192.168.0.227 page on the browser to see whether
    >there are any settings I might need to change but it ony gives me a 'page
    >not found' error message, while I can ping the same IP address without
    >problem. Any pointers on what to do or what further information I might
    >need to provide (and where to find it as I'm a wireless ignoramus) would be
    >much appreciated.
    >
    >Norbert

    Can you scan for available wireless networks? Is yours listed as
    available? Are there any others broadcasting on the same (or similar)
    channel number? Is there any security on the network?
    Simon Pleasants, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Simon Pleasants <> wrote in

    > On 16 Jul 2004 10:19:55 GMT, Norbert Lieckfeldt
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > Can you scan for available wireless networks? Is yours listed as
    > available? Are there any others broadcasting on the same (or similar)
    > channel number? Is there any security on the network?

    No, couldn't do any of these things. A call to Netgear support confirmed
    that the access point was defect. They sent a replacement (for a £20
    charge, otherwise it would have been at least five working days) and I
    plugged it in and it worked. Out of the box.

    Norbert
    Norbert Lieckfeldt, Jul 21, 2004
  7. On 21 Jul 2004 08:27:25 GMT, Norbert Lieckfeldt
    <> wrote:

    >Simon Pleasants <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 16 Jul 2004 10:19:55 GMT, Norbert Lieckfeldt
    >> <> wrote:

    >> Can you scan for available wireless networks? Is yours listed as
    >> available? Are there any others broadcasting on the same (or similar)
    >> channel number? Is there any security on the network?

    >No, couldn't do any of these things. A call to Netgear support confirmed
    >that the access point was defect. They sent a replacement (for a £20
    >charge, otherwise it would have been at least five working days) and I
    >plugged it in and it worked. Out of the box.

    Glad to hear that it's all working now - although £20 seems bit mean!
    Could you not have replaced the unit through the retailer?
    Simon Pleasants, Jul 22, 2004
  8. Norbert Lieckfeldt

    Dr. Anton Fnatt

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I managed and set up my WG602.
    I have troubleshooted my Wireless AP WG602 for a week with no connection to the box.
    Then I downloaded a IP detective, called IP scanner, program name IPSCAN.
    After 5 minutes of scanning it gave me the IP-address, my WG602 had address 192.168.1.111.
    I entered the IP address and got the welcome screen, logged me in as admin with password password, and had full access to the set-ups of my WG602.
    Could not be easier.
    Dr. Anton Fnatt, Mar 2, 2009