    find another brand of card at the local Fry's or Best Buy either. So here
    goes. Can SOMEBODY please help me get this thing to work? It's either that
    or I shoot the computer to put it out of my misery.

    Tom C, Jan 31, 2010

  2. Tom C

    Barb Bowman Guest

    you might try stating the model and hardware rev of the Netgear card you are
    having trouble with.

    On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:19:38 -0800, "Tom C" <> wrote:

    >I have been having a lot of problems getting this damned thing to work.
    >First it was on Windows XP Pro and was working fine for a while. There was
    >some problem or other and a setting was changed. Don know which setting it
    >was though. The wireless card showed as being connected but the system
    >could not connect to the Internet. I then decided to upgrade the system
    >to Windows 7. Windows would not install properly because I at first told
    >the install to connect to the Internet for upgrades, but after that failure,
    >I tried again without connecting to the Internet and the install worked
    >fine. There is still no connection to the Internet so I tried installing
    >the driver again and let Windows attempt to configure the card. Windows
    >could not find the driver, even from the CD. So I went to the Netgear site
    >and downloaded the driver and completely removed all previous driver for the
    >card and reinstalled from the download. Still nothing. I can't seem to
    >find another brand of card at the local Fry's or Best Buy either. So here
    >goes. Can SOMEBODY please help me get this thing to work? It's either that
    >or I shoot the computer to put it out of my misery.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Barb Bowman, Jan 31, 2010

  3. Hi
    Did you check the Device Manger to make sure that there is No "Ghost"
    installation that need to be deleted.
    This is for Win XP, however the principles are the same for Win 7 (menu look
    differently).
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Otherwise Wireless card are Not expensive this is an example for excellent
    card with all drivers thta you ever need.
    Edimax - PCI
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315041
    Driver/Utility for Windows 98SE/Me/2K/XP/XP 64/Vista/Vista 64/Win7/Win7x64
    http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
    ..

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 31, 2010