netflow v5 sampling / configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Thierry MARTIN, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Thierry MARTIN, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Re: netflow v5 sampling / configuration / my current config

    Here are some outputs after configuration. However, I still have no sampling
    in the exported netflow datagrams.

    cisco1#show flow-sampler

    Sampler : m, id : 1, packets matched : 0, mode : random sampling mode
    sampling interval is : 10

    cisco1#show ip flow interface
    Vlan1
    ip route-cache flow
    flow-sampler m

    cisco1#show ip flow export
    Flow export v5 is enabled for main cache
    Export source and destination details :
    VRF ID : Default
    Source(1) 10.105.5.80 (Vlan1)
    Destination(1) 10.105.5.96 (2055)
    Version 5 flow records
    2136025 flows exported in 228224 udp datagrams
    0 flows failed due to lack of export packet
    1 export packets were sent up to process level
    0 export packets were dropped due to no fib
    0 export packets were dropped due to adjacency issues
    0 export packets were dropped due to fragmentation failures
    0 export packets were dropped due to encapsulation fixup failures

    Can someone help me?

    news: 4697852c$0$25928$...

    Thierry MARTIN, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Thierry MARTIN

    alexandreee Guest

    On 16 jul, 02:30, "Thierry MARTIN" <> wrote:
    > Here are some outputs after configuration. However, I still have no sampling
    > in the exported netflow datagrams.
    >
    > cisco1#show flow-sampler
    >
    > Sampler : m, id : 1, packets matched : 0, mode : random sampling mode
    > sampling interval is : 10
    >
    > cisco1#show ip flow interface
    > Vlan1
    > ip route-cache flow
    > flow-sampler m
    >
    > cisco1#show ip flow export
    > Flow export v5 is enabled for main cache
    > Export source and destination details :
    > VRF ID : Default
    > Source(1) 10.105.5.80 (Vlan1)
    > Destination(1) 10.105.5.96 (2055)
    > Version 5 flow records
    > 2136025 flows exported in 228224 udp datagrams
    > 0 flows failed due to lack of export packet
    > 1 export packets were sent up to process level
    > 0 export packets were dropped due to no fib
    > 0 export packets were dropped due to adjacency issues
    > 0 export packets were dropped due to fragmentation failures
    > 0 export packets were dropped due to encapsulation fixup failures
    >
    > Can someone help me?
    >
    > "Thierry MARTIN" <> a écrit dans le message denews: 4697852c$0$25928$ba4ac__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$...
    >
    > > Hi all,

    > > Can someone give me a reliable way to configure netflow V5 with sampling
    > > on a Cisco 871, IOS 12.4(6) T2 ?
    > > I tried the commands from the manual at
    > >http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_featu...,
    > > without success...

    > > Thanks for your answers...
    > > Thierry MARTIN

    > > cisco1#show ip flow interface
    > > Vlan1
    > > ip route-cache flow <--- DELETE THAT LINE !!!
    > > flow-sampler m

    Yup.. it's easy.. you HAVE TO DEACTIVE "ip route-cache flow" on the
    interface.. leaving only "flow-sampler" command.. that's in the cisco
    documentation.

    alexandreee, Jul 29, 2007