    Except the netflow technic is there any other way to monitor traffic per
    service ( maybe using MIBs and OIDs ) ?

    Thanks

    Pascal Duchemin, Jan 2, 2004

  2. In article <bt4kou$j69$>,
    Pascal Duchemin <> wrote:
    :I am trying to monitor bandwidth ( per IP or per type of service such as
    :http smtp etc ... )

    :Based on what I found, a way to go would be to use a tool called cflowd on
    :linux.
    :However, ip route-cache flow doesn't work.
    :Would it be because my cisco 1720 is not "netflow" compliant ? Or the IOS ?
    :Or am I using the wrong command to enable netflow.

    netflow on the 1720 requires IOS 12.2(11)YV or later if you
    have just the IP feature set; all of the other 12.2 support for
    the 1720 IP requires 12.2T, until it becomes mainline in 12.3(1).

    If you have the PLUS feature set then support goes back to 12.0(3)T.

    :Except the netflow technic is there any other way to monitor traffic per
    :service ( maybe using MIBs and OIDs ) ?

    "ip accounting" might help. The applicable MIBs are
    CISCO-IP-STAT-MIB-V1SMI and OLD-CISCO-IP-MIB . It doesn't look
    like you can get down to the service level, though, just
    source/destination pairs.
    --
    'ignorandus (Latin): "deserving not to be known"'
    -- Journal of Self-Referentialism

    Walter Roberson, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Netflow is not free. You need to purchase a license for it.

    Phillip Remaker, Jan 2, 2004
  4. In article <1073085162.690126@sj-nntpcache-5>,
    Phillip Remaker <> wrote:
    :Netflow is not free. You need to purchase a license for it.

    Could you double-check that point, Phillip? The documentation
    I find says that you needed a NetFlow Feature License for the
    7200/7500/RSM, but that [at the time] you just needed PLUS
    for the other series. And now with the base 1720 images supporting
    the netflow feature as well, it doesn't look to me that you need
    a netflow license for a new enough 1720.
    typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. -- Blair Houghton.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 2, 2004