    Is it possible to find out what movies are available from NetFlix before
    joining. I am most interest in older and OOP movies.

    Gunner
    gunner, Apr 15, 2005

  2. gunner

    Mark McGee Guest

    I'm sure you could just go to the website and input the titles you're
    interested in to see if they carry them.

    Mark McGee, Apr 15, 2005

  3. gunner

    Phil R. Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:16:42 -0700, "gunner"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to find out what movies are available from NetFlix before
    >joining. I am most interest in older and OOP movies.
    >
    >Gunner

    Yes. You can browse their selection right now.

    --Phil
    Phil R., Apr 15, 2005
  4. gunner

    ernest144 Guest

    If you like older movies, Netflix is way better than Blockbuster. I've
    tried both and BB rarely has available older movies. They have maybe 1
    copy that is always rented out.
    ernest144, Apr 16, 2005
  5. Before I joined Netflix, I got together a long list
    (over 50) of the mostly older, foreign, subtitled
    movies from the 1930s and 1940s I most wanted to
    see, but had never found anywhere. They were mostly
    long out of print in any format, and my local video
    remtal stores stocked exactly ONE off the list.

    You can navigate through their initial advertizing
    screens to reach their "search" function, and type
    in your lists.

    I was pleasantly surprised by how many (over half) I found to
    be available that way. After joining, they added
    others of this genre I have also enjoyed. You can
    voluntarily "rate" (award stars) to any movie Netflix offers,
    whether you saw it as a Netflix rental, or in a movie
    theater, or even rented from BlockBuster. They will
    generate a "recommended" list for you of what they
    consider to be similar movies, and they're often
    right. After being a customer for 8 months or so,
    I can highly recommend Netflix.

    Great service, promptly and efficiently executed -
    but highly dependent on the vagaries of the U. S.
    Postal Service deliveries - sometimes next day,
    sometimes next week. Netflix sends you an email when
    they receive their DVD back, then also send you another
    email when they ship a replacement DVD off the queue
    you've generated, usually a few hours later.

    Elliott Moore
    elliott_moore, Apr 16, 2005
  6. gunner

    Guest

    "Vagaries of the USPS" is for damn sure. Had disc 1 and 2 of
    Wonderfalls ship on a Monday. Had disc 3 of same ship on a Wednesday.
    Received discs 2 and 3 on Thursday, disc 1 on Friday. Still would like
    to know how that happened. Also, the week before that, mailed 2 discs
    back on a Saturday. One was received by Netflix on Monday. The other
    was also received on Monday, ONE WEEK LATER. Both were mailed at the
    same time, in the same mailbox. Explain that one too me. So, I can
    recommend Netflix for selection and overall service, but it helps to be
    in or very close to the city your distribution center is in.

    -beaumon
    , Apr 17, 2005
  7. gunner

    Alpha Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Vagaries of the USPS" is for damn sure. Had disc 1 and 2 of
    > Wonderfalls ship on a Monday. Had disc 3 of same ship on a Wednesday.
    > Received discs 2 and 3 on Thursday, disc 1 on Friday. Still would like
    > to know how that happened. Also, the week before that, mailed 2 discs
    > back on a Saturday. One was received by Netflix on Monday. The other
    > was also received on Monday, ONE WEEK LATER. Both were mailed at the
    > same time, in the same mailbox. Explain that one too me.

    It does not matter. The UPS does not send everything into the same
    processing channel. Hence, what *you* do and *where* you do it can have
    little meaning.

    Alpha, Apr 17, 2005