    or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    the same as what you get at a videostore?

    Thanks.

    Yibbels, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Yibbels

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Yibbels" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?

    Nearly everyone, and at great length, for several years now.

    > Are there any major caveats that might render their
    > products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    > or time-energy management strategies?

    I don't know. Why don't you write a thesis about them, so as to provide
    sufficient context for us to render an informed judgement?

    >Are their DVDs datawise
    > the same as what you get at a videostore?

    Yes.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Yibbels

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref:

    Yibbels <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    > Are there any major caveats that might render their
    > products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    > or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    > the same as what you get at a videostore?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try not to use words that neither your spell checker nor you
    understand!!

    Here's one place to learn of the use of adjectives
    http://www.uottawa.ca/academic/arts/writcent/hypergrammar/adjectve.html

    Sadly, the spelling of them is not covered!!

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 3, 2005
  4. Yibbels

    Alpha Guest

    "Billy Joe" <> wrote in message
    > In ref:
    >
    > Yibbels <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    >> Are there any major caveats that might render their
    >> products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    >> or time-energy management strategies?

    Please post a Gnatt chart of your strategies, including all aspects of your
    life.

    Alpha, Apr 3, 2005
  5. Yibbels

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Alpha" <> wrote in message

    > "Billy Joe" <> wrote in message
    >> In ref:
    >>
    >> Yibbels <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    >>> Are there any major caveats that might render their
    >>> products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    >>> or time-energy management strategies?

    > Please post a Gnatt chart of your strategies, including all aspects of
    > your life.

    Is that a really, really tiny kind of Gantt chart? <g>

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Apr 3, 2005
  6. Yibbels

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "Alpha" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Billy Joe" <> wrote in message

    > > Please post a Gnatt chart of your strategies, including all aspects of
    > > your life.

    > Is that a really, really tiny kind of Gantt chart? <g>
    >
    > RichC

    Nahhhh! Its just a chart with tiny black bugs on it.

    <G>
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 3, 2005
  7. Yibbels

    Alpha Guest

    <EG>

    A typo.....

    a very small gnat typo.

    Alpha, Apr 3, 2005
  8. Yibbels

    theyak Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    > Are there any major caveats that might render their
    > products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    > or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    > the same as what you get at a videostore?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Netflix is fine as long as you realize that "unlimited" is a lie. If you
    are expecting more than 12 dvds a month on the 3out plan you might be
    disappointed. DO NOT think paying for the larger plans means you'll get
    better service. Netflix hates the 5outs and 8outs with a vengeance. If
    you are the type of person that would keep a netflix dvd for a few days
    until you get around to watching it, you'll have no trouble with them.

    theyak, Apr 3, 2005
  9. Yibbels

    Yibbels Guest

    Yikes. Sounds that Carfax. The ad said it was unlimited,
    but then I ran about 10 cars' VINs and they accused me of
    being a car dealer. Friggin' thieves.

    Yibbels, Apr 3, 2005
  10. Yibbels

    Yibbels Guest

    Speak for yourself. I'm not responsible for your
    poor vocabulary.

    Yibbels, Apr 3, 2005
  11. Yibbels

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Yibbels" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?

    <rant>
    Why oh why do people post such inane questions? If it were "Has
    anybody tried [some very obscure startup service]" I could
    understand it, but asking if anyone has tried Netflix is just
    stupid. In effect the OP is saying s/he's too lazy to search google
    and instead wants people to spend time reposting the same stuiff
    that's been posted hundreds of times before.

    The sad thing is that people do it, instead of just telling this
    lazybones how to use google. "Give a man a fish," and all that.
    </rant>

    This question has been discussed hundreds of times before. If you
    visit http://groups.google.com and search for Netflix you'll find
    plenty of information.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Apr 3, 2005
  12. Yibbels wrote:

    > Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    > Are there any major caveats that might render their
    > products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    > or time-energy management strategies?

    (Just for fun, try reading that in a W.C. Fields imitation...) :)

    Derek Janssen (using his proclivities for electronic badinage in a
    manner most beguiling)

    Derek Janssen, Apr 3, 2005
  13. Yibbels

    Nonymous Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > "Yibbels" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >>Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?

    > <rant>
    > Why oh why do people post such inane questions? If it were "Has
    > anybody tried [some very obscure startup service]" I could
    > understand it, but asking if anyone has tried Netflix is just
    > stupid. In effect the OP is saying s/he's too lazy to search google

    I've heard of 'google' at wurk. Is it any good? Or do they just want to
    trak what sights I go to on the internets?

    Nonymous, Apr 3, 2005
  14. Yibbels

    Large Farva Guest

    "theyak" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    >> Are there any major caveats that might render their
    >> products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    >> or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    >> the same as what you get at a videostore?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Netflix is fine as long as you realize that "unlimited" is a lie. If you
    > are expecting more than 12 dvds a month on the 3out plan you might be
    > disappointed.

    Not really. I just looked at my 'last 30 days' and shows I got 17 DVD's on
    the 3 out plan.

    DO NOT think paying for the larger plans means you'll get
    > better service. Netflix hates the 5outs and 8outs with a vengeance.

    Then why do they offer them?

    Large Farva, Apr 3, 2005
  15. Yibbels

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 00:17:48 -0500, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >In effect the OP is saying s/he's too lazy to search google
    >and instead wants people to spend time reposting the same stuiff
    >that's been posted hundreds of times before.

    Maybe he just wants the *latest* opinions, not ancient history.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Apr 3, 2005
  16. Yibbels

    Bill Turner Guest

    On 2 Apr 2005 16:16:49 -0800, "Yibbels" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    >Are there any major caveats that might render their
    >products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    >or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    >the same as what you get at a videostore?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Yes, it works fine, just like they advertise. If you live way out in the
    boonies like I do, delivery time may be a bit slow, but they get here.
    Try 'em and see. They have a two week free trial but that's not really
    long enough. Invest in a month's worth and see for yourself. You can
    always cancel.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Apr 3, 2005
  17. Yibbels

    theyak Guest

    In article <3PL3e.2706$>,
    says...

    > "theyak" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Has anybody here tried Netflix that can comment on it?
    > >> Are there any major caveats that might render their
    > >> products dubious, unacceptable, deliterious to my economic
    > >> or time-energy management strategies? Are their DVDs datawise
    > >> the same as what you get at a videostore?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>

    > > Netflix is fine as long as you realize that "unlimited" is a lie. If you
    > > are expecting more than 12 dvds a month on the 3out plan you might be
    > > disappointed.

    > Not really. I just looked at my 'last 30 days' and shows I got 17 DVD's on
    > the 3 out plan.

    Count your blessings.

    > DO NOT think paying for the larger plans means you'll get
    > > better service. Netflix hates the 5outs and 8outs with a vengeance.

    > Then why do they offer them?

    To steal from people. The last month I was on the 5out plan, I only got
    20 dvds. You got 17 on the 3out. I paid 33 dollars. You paid 19.

    theyak, Apr 3, 2005
  18. Yibbels

    Biz Guest

    Stan...NG's....NG's...Stan...nice to make your aquaintance...

    Biz, Apr 3, 2005
  19. Yibbels

    Biz Guest

    Netflix speed/reliability is tied directly to your proximity to a distro
    center and your local mail service, deal with it, or use another service...

    Biz, Apr 3, 2005
  20. Yibbels

    pilgrim Guest

    Re: Re: Netflix?

    Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he
    will sit in the boat and drink beer all day.

    pilgrim, Apr 3, 2005