    initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I cancelled
    3 years ago.

    Is this typical now?

    RG, Feb 10, 2005

  2. RG

    kaydigi Guest

    "RG" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped yesterday
    > and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
    > the
    > initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
    > cancelled
    > 3 years ago.
    >
    > Is this typical now?

    Are they current movies?

    kaydigi, Feb 10, 2005

  3. RG

    RG Guest

    "kaydigi" <> wrote in message

    > "RG" <> wrote in message
    > >I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped

    yesterday
    > > and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
    > > the
    > > initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
    > > cancelled
    > > 3 years ago.
    > >
    > > Is this typical now?
    > >

    > Are they current movies?

    2 are current, 3 are not

    RG, Feb 10, 2005
  4. RG

    Halb Guest

    I have just completed my 2 week free trial. During that time I received &
    returned 6 dvd's (old TV mini-series). The only 'weird' part is that they
    did not send them in 'order', based on my queue; ie; they sent Part 2 before
    Part 1.
    While I hope they will maintain that pace, every thing I read would tend to
    make me doubt it.

    One can hope!

    HalB

    Halb, Feb 10, 2005
  5. RG

    Joe Guest

    I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
    everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited on
    anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait and
    one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month before
    it was released.

    I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to get
    them hooked.

    Joe

    Joe, Feb 11, 2005
  6. RG

    kaydigi Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
    >everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited on
    >anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait and
    >one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month
    >before it was released.
    >
    > I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to get
    > them hooked.
    >
    > Joe

    For the most part yes. If you want new releases you have to make sure your
    return gets to them on MONDAY not Tuesday. So if you have a 1 day turn
    around time send it back on Friday.

    kaydigi, Feb 11, 2005
  7. RG

    Guest

    That only works sometimes. I had an open slot in my account on a
    Friday, and let it carry over the weekend in hopes of getting the new
    release on Tuesday (can't remember what it was). Tuesday rolled
    around, and no shipment. Went immediately to "long wait." I would
    kill to know how they allocate discs. I really would. Several people
    I can think of right this second.

    , Feb 11, 2005
  8. RG

    rg Guest

    "kaydigi" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > >I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
    > >everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited

    on
    > >anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait

    and
    > >one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month
    > >before it was released.
    > >
    > > I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to

    get
    > > them hooked.
    > >
    > > Joe

    > For the most part yes. If you want new releases you have to make sure

    your
    > return gets to them on MONDAY not Tuesday. So if you have a 1 day turn
    > around time send it back on Friday.

    No new customer preferential treatment for me. For me, a big part of the
    lure of Netflix is the availability of DVDs that you just don't find at the
    neighborhood Blockbuster. I just recently cancelled a BB Movie Pass because
    the new releases were always gone and the other stuff just wasn't
    interesting. I could have lived with a wait for the new releases if there
    was anything else. It got worse when BB dropped late fees.

    One thing I will acknowledge in regard to Netflix is that it is easy to get
    a customer service person response either by phone or email. An email to BB
    about the Movie Pass got a response (that made no sense) in 14 days. An
    email to Netflix got a response in about 45 minutes, however the bottom line
    was that neither emails or phone calls got the DVDs shipped. We will see if
    they ship today, if I don't get the DVDs by Saturday I will cancel the
    account after I use the month I have already paid for.

    rg, Feb 11, 2005
  9. RG

    kaydigi Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > That only works sometimes. I had an open slot in my account on a
    > Friday, and let it carry over the weekend in hopes of getting the new
    > release on Tuesday (can't remember what it was). Tuesday rolled
    > around, and no shipment. Went immediately to "long wait." I would
    > kill to know how they allocate discs. I really would. Several people
    > I can think of right this second.

    Wow, never had that happen. I've been using Netflix since they first started
    and never missed a new release.

    kaydigi, Feb 11, 2005
  10. RG

    Zeppo Guest

    Either that or they are overwhelmed with more new business than they can
    handle right now. I've noticed that my first choices all have 'short wait'
    or 'long wait' on them (all current choices) yet when its time to ship they
    still send me the movie.

    Can't quite figure it out but the service is still good and the turaround
    quick so I'm not going to worry about it (yet).

    Jon

    Zeppo, Feb 11, 2005
  11. RG

    Zimmy Guest

    That used to work 100% of the time for me with Netflix.
    The day they dropped their price to $17.99, it never happens anymore.

    After 2 years, I'm cancelling my membership at the end of this cycle and
    joining Blockbuster.

    Zimmy, Feb 11, 2005
  12. RG

    Alpha Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    > That used to work 100% of the time for me with Netflix.
    > The day they dropped their price to $17.99, it never happens anymore.
    >
    > After 2 years, I'm cancelling my membership at the end of this cycle and
    > joining Blockbuster.

    Thus demonstrating you are an idiot.

    Alpha, Feb 12, 2005
  13. RG

    Tom Guest

    "RG" <> wrote in news::

    > I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped
    > yesterday and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48
    > hours to make the initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is
    > same reason I cancelled 3 years ago.
    >
    > Is this typical now?

    I'm a long time user of Netflix, and had been quite happy until they
    lowered their prices back to what they had been when I first started.
    Before that time, it was almost always that the next DVD in the Queue was
    shipped the same day a prior DVD was listed as returned. Now, it is almost
    always the next day that the next DVD is shipped.

    This morning's check of my queue is even more frustrating than usual. The
    top of my list has DVDs that were released last week, that I did not then
    receive even though they were at the top of my list for a couple weeks.
    Yesterday and today, they are listed as available Now; yet two DVDs further
    down my list are marked as being shipped tomorrow.

    I can't find anywhere to really be able to contact Netflix and receive an
    actual response to my concerns; which is what led be to find this newsgroup
    today. Is there a good alternative to Netflix?

    Tom, Feb 14, 2005