    Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
    netflix sucks!

    , Feb 23, 2006

  2. Bob Guest

    On 23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800, wrote:

    >I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
    >Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
    >show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
    >database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
    >on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
    >always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
    >away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
    >And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
    >We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
    >What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
    >WTF

    Call them
    1-888-638-3549
    Speak "Live Agent"

    >Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
    >netflix sucks!

    NF is going thru the phase where they are trying to get as much out of
    what is left of the business before it all collapses.

    The executives will soon be snorkling in the Caymans or odelling in
    the Alps by the time people figure out how they were suckered.

    Best thing is to cancel the subscription and find something else to do
    with your idle time.

    If DVD rental was such a great business, how come WalMart got out of
    it?

    In Hillary Clinton's new book "Living History," Hillary details what
    it was like meeting Bill Clinton, falling in love with him, getting
    married, and living a passionate, wonderful life as husband and wife.
    Then on page two, the trouble starts.

    Bob, Feb 23, 2006

  3. SoHillsGuy Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
    > Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
    > show they have only received 1.

    I know I'll probably get bashed for bringing up the obvious, but
    perhaps it's just your distribution point that sucks and is going down
    the tube. I have no doubt that many -- but not all -- complaints
    registered by posters on these forums are probably just victims of bad
    individualized service from their affiliates. As in all kinds of
    businesses, each affiliate is only as good as the people working there.
    (Yes, sure, probably some form of throttling exists on high-demand
    movies, but I still suspect that good, old-fashioned incompetent
    staffing is probably an equally-valid issue.)

    I guess I should get down on my knees and thank the rental gods, but
    our facility continues to operate at the other end of the spectrum.
    If I mail out three movies on Tuesday, I have their replacements in my
    hands by Thursday. (And no, I'm not a new customer still getting my
    ass kissed by introductory service.)

    SoHillsGuy, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Justin Guest

    wrote on [23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800]:
    > Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
    > netflix sucks!

    What? the others that are out there aren't really out there?

    Justin, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Justin wrote:
    > wrote on [23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800]:
    >
    >>Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
    >>netflix sucks!

    > What? the others that are out there aren't really out there?

    In the case of Wal-Mart, yes.

    Derek Janssen (and RentMyDVD's not feeling too healthy, neither)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 23, 2006
  6. GF Guest

    I also think its the distribution center. In the last month, I have
    received the wrong movie three times. Also, I have had a bunch of
    titles on long wait/very long wait for months. Some since November.
    Netflix lowered their monthly fee to compete with other rental
    companies but they won't address the direct dissatisfaction of their
    customers.

    Penny wise and dollar foolish.

    GF

    GF, Feb 23, 2006
  7. Jeff Rife Guest

    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > [snip]

    Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    whiner.

    Well, actually, it's more likely one of the same ones we have seen
    before.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Feb 23, 2006
  8. gunner Guest

    Give Block Buster a shot..Then you'll really have something to bitch about.

    gunner, Feb 23, 2006
  9. Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Feb 23, 2006
  10. RobMac Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
    > Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
    > show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
    > database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
    > on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
    > always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
    > away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
    > And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
    > We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
    > What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
    > WTF
    >
    > Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
    > netflix sucks!

    I went from getting about 6/week (from about mid-2003 when I joined until
    October 2005) to about 1 every 2 weeks in December, I had no less than 10
    movies in my queue (popular titles, not hard to find indie crap) that read
    "very long wait", "long wait" or "short wait" for more than 3 months!
    Imagine titles like The Matrix, or Terminator 3 taking more than 3 months to
    get!

    Once they limited my "unlimited" rentals down to 5 per month, I quit.

    Netflix sucks, and I will never return.

    RobMac, Feb 23, 2006
  11. Frank Sereno Guest

    Jeff Rife wrote:

    > () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >>[snip]
    >>

    > Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    > whiner.
    >
    > Well, actually, it's more likely one of the same ones we have seen
    > before.

    Hey Jeff,

    Why don't you get a newsreader with good filtering capabilities so that
    you don't have to read a single post with NETFLIX in the title? There's
    plenty of bandwidth for that topic in this group, but you don't have to
    read it. Even Netscape 7.2 has the ability to mark entire threads as
    read when I don't find the subject matter interesting. That makes more
    sense to me than arguing with someone over whether their perception of
    NETFLIX is correct or not.

    Arguing with people about NETFLIX is only going to perpetuate more
    conversation about NETFLIX. Or even worse, the threads become all about
    you and whomever you are arguing with about NETFLIX. Maybe if you
    ignore the topic, it will die out more quickly and then people can talk
    about freaking DVD's. And if you want to converse about different
    movies or DVD players and such, why don't you start some threads on
    those topics? As it is, you are part of the problem and not any part of
    the solution.

    Frank Sereno, Feb 23, 2006
  12. Jeff Rife Guest

    Stan Brown () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:44:53 -0500 from Jeff Rife <>:
    > > Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    > > whiner.

    > Hint: Kill files.
    >
    > I never see any crap from Google Groups any more, unless someone
    > quotes it.

    That's a bit extreme for me. There are some real posters who use
    Google for whatever reason.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Because he was human; because he had goodness;

    Jeff Rife, Feb 23, 2006
  13. Jeff Rife Guest

    Frank Sereno () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    > > whiner.
    > >
    > > Well, actually, it's more likely one of the same ones we have seen
    > > before.
    > >

    > Why don't you get a newsreader with good filtering capabilities

    I've got one. It does everything I tell it to do.

    > so that
    > you don't have to read a single post with NETFLIX in the title? There's
    > plenty of bandwidth for that topic in this group, but you don't have to
    > read it.

    Netflix threads aren't a problem...it's the "whining about Netflix posts"
    that show up in all sorts of threads that are a problem. And, if there
    weren't anonymous posters who name-hop, I wouldn't have to read those.
    As it is, they show up because these people do whatever they can to turn
    every thread into a Netflix bashing convention.

    > And if you want to converse about different
    > movies or DVD players and such, why don't you start some threads on
    > those topics?

    I start threads when I want info I can't find otherwise. I don't start
    threads just to chat. I do, however, quite often respond to intelligent
    posts about movies and DVDs with as much information as I have.

    > As it is, you are part of the problem and not any part of
    > the solution.

    Perhaps somebody who posts once a month shouldn't be the one to suggest
    that other people start more "interesting" threads.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "When I first heard that Marge was joining the

    Jeff Rife, Feb 23, 2006
  14. Frank Sereno Guest

    Jeff Rife wrote:
    > Frank Sereno () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >>>Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    >>>whiner.
    >>>
    >>>Well, actually, it's more likely one of the same ones we have seen
    >>>before.
    >>>

    >>Why don't you get a newsreader with good filtering capabilities

    > I've got one. It does everything I tell it to do.
    >

    >> so that
    >>you don't have to read a single post with NETFLIX in the title? There's
    >>plenty of bandwidth for that topic in this group, but you don't have to
    >>read it.

    > Netflix threads aren't a problem...it's the "whining about Netflix posts"
    > that show up in all sorts of threads that are a problem. And, if there
    > weren't anonymous posters who name-hop, I wouldn't have to read those.
    > As it is, they show up because these people do whatever they can to turn
    > every thread into a Netflix bashing convention.
    >

    >> And if you want to converse about different
    >>movies or DVD players and such, why don't you start some threads on
    >>those topics?

    > I start threads when I want info I can't find otherwise. I don't start
    > threads just to chat. I do, however, quite often respond to intelligent
    > posts about movies and DVDs with as much information as I have.
    >

    >>As it is, you are part of the problem and not any part of
    >>the solution.

    > Perhaps somebody who posts once a month shouldn't be the one to suggest
    > that other people start more "interesting" threads.

    Whatever. It sounds like you really need to get a life if you have to
    play Netcop in an unmoderated newsgroup.

    Frank Sereno, Feb 24, 2006
  15. Stan Brown Guest

    Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:47:19 -0500 from Jeff Rife <>:
    > Stan Brown () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:44:53 -0500 from Jeff Rife <>:
    > > > Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
    > > > whiner.

    > > Hint: Kill files.
    > >
    > > I never see any crap from Google Groups any more, unless someone
    > > quotes it.

    > That's a bit extreme for me. There are some real posters who use
    > Google for whatever reason.

    Yes, there are. I looked at the proportion , and it was so small that
    I felt losing them was a price I was willing to pay so as not to have
    to deal with the great majority. Obviously that's a decision each
    person must make for himself, like when to walk out on a movie
    they're not enjoying.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Feb 24, 2006
  16. none Guest

    They definitely throttle. You don't get an accurate picture of their
    service the first two months. The throttling really kicked in on the 3rd
    month and has continued getting slower in the 4th. I'm wondering how slow
    they will get. The overall average was 3.5 per week the first two months.
    Now the total average is down to 3 per week because I only got 2 per week
    this month. I think they are just testing people to see how much they can
    throttle before people cancel. It's a stupid management plan but corporate
    bean counters are loco greed. They waste all that money on advertising to
    get customers and then throttle the customers till they leave. I'd prefer
    a contract guarantee to how many I get and some predictability on when I
    get the movies. These delay games are silly. It's stupid to pay a fixed
    price for a variable service. I probably stay a few more months just to
    see what happens. I doubt I'll be a long term customer.

    none, Feb 24, 2006
  17. Jeff Rife Guest

    Jeff Rife, Feb 24, 2006
  18. Bob Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:25:52 -0600, none <> wrote:

    >I think they are just testing people to see how much they can
    >throttle before people cancel.

    They just found out from me.

    Bob, Feb 24, 2006
  19. wunnuy Guest

    none wrote:
    > They definitely throttle. You don't get an accurate picture of their
    > service the first two months. The throttling really kicked in on the 3rd
    > month and has continued getting slower in the 4th. I'm wondering how slow
    > they will get. The overall average was 3.5 per week the first two months.
    > Now the total average is down to 3 per week because I only got 2 per week
    > this month. I think they are just testing people to see how much they can
    > throttle before people cancel. It's a stupid management plan but corporate
    > bean counters are loco greed. They waste all that money on advertising to
    > get customers and then throttle the customers till they leave. I'd prefer
    > a contract guarantee to how many I get and some predictability on when I
    > get the movies. These delay games are silly. It's stupid to pay a fixed
    > price for a variable service. I probably stay a few more months just to
    > see what happens. I doubt I'll be a long term customer.

    I think your post is the perfect example of what's going on and someone
    at Netflix should read it because I think it's the beginning of the end
    for Netflix. They're only going to be able to get away with this for so
    long before A. They lose a large portion of their customer base and B.
    Another major company starts up whose first big ad campaign is "We
    Don't Throttle!" which will take away most of the Netflix customers.
    Netflix only saving grace at the moment is that BB is actually a worse
    run company.

    wunnuy, Feb 24, 2006
  20. Cp33 Guest

    Well, I posted a complaint about deteriorating netflix service about a
    couple of months (?) ago and someone claimed that I was working for
    blockbuster marketing. What a good laugh. I was never with
    blockbuster so I don't know much about it, but other people claimed
    that it is worse. However, netflix service has not improved but get
    worse since I posted. Compared to getting close to 20 rentals a month
    a year ago, now I am getting something less than 10 rentals a month.
    Somebody blamed the post office. It might be part of it, but I suspect
    it's mostly netflix's problems. Someone above said something about
    "affiliate problem"? It makes it almost sounds like netflix is a
    franchise. No, all the "affiliate centers" are linked by one large
    computer system that manages the flow and distribution of rentals. And
    the number of subscribers covered obviously should be managed according
    to the resources etc. I dropped off my returns at mail box at another
    township, so it's hard to blame the township post office. I also
    noticed that the number of rentals shipped from another distribution
    center (shown by the increased estimated arrival time) seems to be
    rising. Come to think of it, they can simply modify their distribution
    program to "occasionally" do this and reduce the number of rentals you
    get (Nobody, even the people at netflix, can tell if this is happening,
    if you think about it). Their profits are VERY dependent on the number
    of rentals subscribers get. As long as there is no serious
    competition, they can do this safely to some extent by doing different
    delay tactics.

    Cp33, Feb 24, 2006