    Netflix?

    Thanks

    Roger

    Roger, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Roger

    markymark Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Recently my Netflix DVD's have all come in and been unloadable to my
    > dvd player. All other DVD's seem to work fine, both my personal
    > collection and rentals. Cleaning doesn't help, and one DVD was brand
    > new, shipped the day it came out. Again, this is ONLY happening on
    > Netflix DVD's. These DVD's will work on my computer just not my
    > player, making them basically unusable for the family. Anyone else
    > having this problem? Anyone have a solution other than dumping
    > Netflix?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Roger

    No problem here. Though I don't want call you a liar or anything like that,
    but perhaps this is just a coincidence!? I still use my "old" player from
    time to time and many disks are "unplayable" on it. I don't know if it's
    the laser or what. Some disks play, some don't. It's definitely the player
    though. Also, considering that you admit the disks play fine in your
    computer, it would seem that the problem isn't really in the disks
    themselves more more likely in your stand-alone player.

    markymark, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Yeah, you need to dump netflix. Then my excellent turnaround will get just
    that little bit better.

    More seriously, you need to get a new/better player. Ain't nothing wrong
    with the discs.

    Colon Terminus, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On 6 Mar 2004 08:51:27 -0800, (Roger) Gave us:

    >Recently my Netflix DVD's have all come in and been unloadable to my
    >dvd player. All other DVD's seem to work fine, both my personal
    >collection and rentals. Cleaning doesn't help, and one DVD was brand
    >new, shipped the day it came out. Again, this is ONLY happening on
    >Netflix DVD's. These DVD's will work on my computer just not my
    >player, making them basically unusable for the family. Anyone else
    >having this problem? Anyone have a solution other than dumping
    >Netflix?

    It sounds like your player is taking a dive. Put in a disc, and
    turn the player upside down (seriously). If it is your head sagging
    out of focal range, this will show it, and the disc will begin to
    play.

    The fact that you have associated it with "only netflix discs" is
    likely only coincidental. There are no differences in the discs
    delivered to them than any delivered to stores.

    DarkMatter, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:58:57 GMT, "markymark" <> Gave
    us:

    >"Roger" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently my Netflix DVD's have all come in and been unloadable to my
    >> dvd player. All other DVD's seem to work fine, both my personal
    >> collection and rentals. Cleaning doesn't help, and one DVD was brand
    >> new, shipped the day it came out. Again, this is ONLY happening on
    >> Netflix DVD's. These DVD's will work on my computer just not my
    >> player, making them basically unusable for the family. Anyone else
    >> having this problem? Anyone have a solution other than dumping
    >> Netflix?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Roger

    >No problem here. Though I don't want call you a liar or anything like that,
    >but perhaps this is just a coincidence!? I still use my "old" player from
    >time to time and many disks are "unplayable" on it. I don't know if it's
    >the laser or what. Some disks play, some don't. It's definitely the player
    >though. Also, considering that you admit the disks play fine in your
    >computer, it would seem that the problem isn't really in the disks
    >themselves more more likely in your stand-alone player.

    Turn your old player upside down with one of those "unplayable" discs
    in it, and watch it work.

    Leave it upside down during all storage, and find one day that it
    works again. The laser head support springs sag thru time due to
    gravity, and the range of focus that the head was given falls outside
    the range needed to track the "unplayable" discs.

    Give it a try. Another fix is to physically grab the floating
    primary lens "head" assembly end pull up on it in an attempt to tweak
    the spring back upward. They are usually a series of helical springs
    from 4 or 6 points around the lens. The EM adjustment has a limited
    range, and is usually given no offset for gravitational sagging, which
    does occur (obviously). Aside from that, there is likely nothing
    wrong with the players. So the real option is to have it serviced by
    someone that knows how to calibrate the head, not just some twit that
    want to replace modules till it works again.

    DarkMatter, Mar 6, 2004
  6. In article <Bjo2c.36575$-kc.rr.com>,
    "markymark" <> wrote:

    > No problem here. Though I don't want call you a liar or anything like that,
    > but perhaps this is just a coincidence!? I still use my "old" player from
    > time to time and many disks are "unplayable" on it.

    Yep. They're cheap. Get rid of it. It's not Netflix - they send the same
    discs you can buy in the store.

    Reginald Dwight, Mar 7, 2004
  7. Roger

    Pug Fugley Guest

    You have a DVD player problem. What's the make/model/year? My guess it's
    either:

    A) A newer $49 el crappo such as a Yahoio or Orninio brand
    or
    B) An old outdated model over 2 years old.

    Pug Fugley, Mar 7, 2004
  8. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:32:59 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> Gave
    us:

    >B) An old outdated model over 2 years old.

    Two years is outdated for a computer, not a home appliance,
    dorkoflex.

    DarkMatter, Mar 7, 2004
  9. Roger

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:32:59 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >B) An old outdated model over 2 years old.
    > >

    > Two years is outdated for a computer, not a home appliance,
    > dorkoflex.

    A DVD player is not a home appliance, fuckstick. It's a piece of electronic
    gear, not a toaster oven.

    If the firmware is 2 years old, it can be obsolete. Will a 2 year old DVD
    player stop working? Hell no. Does a 2 year old DVD player have less chance
    of playing newer DVD's and DVD-R's? Hell yes. Do your homework, BubbRubb.

    Pug Fugley, Mar 7, 2004
  10. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:19:27 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> Gave
    us:

    >A DVD player is not a home appliance, fuckstick. It's a piece of electronic
    >gear, not a toaster oven.

    Yeah, and my tape decks that have rubber parts have lasted longer.
    dipshit. Home stereo equipment has at least a ten year average life.

    Most upgrades are due to desire for better, more powerful gear.

    >If the firmware is 2 years old, it can be obsolete.

    Yes, and you can be grasping at straws. Fact is, your two year
    declaration was taken by you from the computer industry. Sorry, wrong
    vegetable.

    > Will a 2 year old DVD
    >player stop working? Hell no. Does a 2 year old DVD player have less chance
    >of playing newer DVD's and DVD-R's?

    **** that. All that is required is to be able top play a standard
    commercial DVD. And they do. Got clue? Nobody needs fucking
    recorded media capability, dipshit. That is a "feature" that retards
    like you need. So YOU get an upgrade. YOU don't define the life span
    of an electrical product, however.

    > Hell yes. Do your homework, BubbRubb.

    Eat shit, Mr. Assumption chump. I have gear from the fifties that
    is working.

    DarkMatter, Mar 7, 2004
  11. Roger

    Justin Guest

    Pug Fugley wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:19:27 GMT]:

    > "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:32:59 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> Gave
    >> us:
    >>
    >> >B) An old outdated model over 2 years old.
    >> >

    >> Two years is outdated for a computer, not a home appliance,
    >> dorkoflex.

    > A DVD player is not a home appliance, fuckstick. It's a piece of electronic
    > gear, not a toaster oven.
    >
    > If the firmware is 2 years old, it can be obsolete. Will a 2 year old DVD
    > player stop working? Hell no. Does a 2 year old DVD player have less chance
    > of playing newer DVD's and DVD-R's? Hell yes. Do your homework, BubbRubb.

    Odd, my 5 year old player plays everything thrown at it.

    Justin, Mar 7, 2004
  12. In article <>,

    Lying ****. Your dick hasn't worked since the late 60s. You really are a
    clueless little ****.

    Urra Dipschitt, Mar 7, 2004
  13. Roger

    Justin Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:27:37 GMT]:
    > In article <>,
    > DarkMatter <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have gear from the fifties that
    >> is working.

    > Lying ****. Your dick hasn't worked since the late 60s. You really are a
    > clueless little ****.

    And your arse still burns?

    Justin, Mar 7, 2004
  14. Roger

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Pug Fugley wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:19:27 GMT]:
    > >
    > > "DarkMatter" <> wrote in

    message
    > >> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:32:59 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> Gave
    > >> us:

    > >> Two years is outdated for a computer, not a home appliance,
    > >> dorkoflex.

    > > A DVD player is not a home appliance, fuckstick. It's a piece of

    electronic
    > > gear, not a toaster oven.
    > >
    > > If the firmware is 2 years old, it can be obsolete. Will a 2 year old

    DVD
    > > player stop working? Hell no. Does a 2 year old DVD player have less

    chance
    > > of playing newer DVD's and DVD-R's? Hell yes. Do your homework,

    BubbRubb.

    > Odd, my 5 year old player plays everything thrown at it.

    So does mine, but it's a high end player. A 2 year old $49 player is not
    going to be high quality.

    Pug Fugley, Mar 7, 2004
  15. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:27:37 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> Gave us:

    >In article <>,
    > DarkMatter <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have gear from the fifties that
    >> is working.

    >Lying ****. Your dick hasn't worked since the late 60s. You really are a
    >clueless little ****.

    Hahahaha... you don't know a fucking thing about me OR my dick, you
    retarded dipshit.

    Is that the best your wussified lame ass can do?

    DarkMatter, Mar 7, 2004
  16. Roger

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:28:23 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >Urra Dipschitt wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:27:37 GMT]:
    >> In article <>,
    >> DarkMatter <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have gear from the fifties that
    >>> is working.

    >> Lying ****. Your dick hasn't worked since the late 60s. You really are a
    >> clueless little ****.

    >And your arse still burns?

    The beat goes on... and I'm so....... --Frank Zappa

    DarkMatter, Mar 7, 2004