    Netflix is starting to let us download movies. Does anyone know if they can
    be put on a DVD? I rather not watch a movie on my computer screen up in the
    office when I have a 61 inch home theater downstairs,.
    skip, Jan 17, 2007

  2. skip wrote:

    > Netflix is starting to let us download movies. Does anyone know if they can
    > be put on a DVD? I rather not watch a movie on my computer screen up in the
    > office when I have a 61 inch home theater downstairs,.

    At the moment, they say "Rentals", not (permanent) "Downloads", so I'm
    guessing it's the above-mentioned Movielink complaint, through some
    obscure and idiosyncratic bit of software that only works through
    streaming Windows.

    ....Just a guess, though.

    Derek Janssen (Netflix is about to Netflix themselves)
    Derek Janssen, Jan 17, 2007

  3. skip

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:
    > Netflix is starting to let us download movies. Does anyone know if they can
    > be put on a DVD? I rather not watch a movie on my computer screen up in the
    > office when I have a 61 inch home theater downstairs,.

    I thought they were allowing you to stream movies to your web browser on
    your Windows computer. This isn't downloading as nothing gets stored so you
    can't turn around and burn the movie to a DVD or something like that.

    Also, you're only given a certain number of minutes each month, so it's
    not like you're going to be able to sit there and stream endlessly. I
    would also assume that for bandwidth concerns, these isn't going to be
    a DVD quality picture either. Probably better than YouTube, but sadly
    lacking if you were to connect your computer to your large screen TV.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, Jan 18, 2007
  4. skip

    Justin Guest

    Doug Jacobs wrote on [Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:00:18 -0000]:
    > skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:
    >> Netflix is starting to let us download movies. Does anyone know if they can
    >> be put on a DVD? I rather not watch a movie on my computer screen up in the
    >> office when I have a 61 inch home theater downstairs,.

    > I thought they were allowing you to stream movies to your web browser on
    > your Windows computer. This isn't downloading as nothing gets stored so you
    > can't turn around and burn the movie to a DVD or something like that.

    It is downloading. The fact that you can't burn it doesn't mean nothing
    is downloaded.
    Justin, Jan 18, 2007