    scratches and the second one had a very noticible crack in it. I guess
    they don't check their returns before sending them out again.

    Scanz
    Scanz, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Scanz

    Pug Fugley Guest

    I've noticed that discs from Blockbuster are in far worse shape than Netflix
    as far as scratches go. Most players don't have trouble with scratched
    discs, even heavy scratches.

    Cracked discs are going to happen, thanks to the post office. Nothing
    Netflix can do about that.

    "Scanz" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if subscribers to Netflix find that many of their rentals
    > are shipped damaged and unplayable. I had to return the same Sopranos

    disc

    Pug Fugley, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Scanz

    Del March Guest

    << I was wondering if subscribers to Netflix find that many of their rentals
    are shipped damaged and unplayable. >><BR><BR>
    On my older player, I had a lot of problems with discs not playing well. It's
    been less of an issue with my newer player. But if I couldn't get through a
    disc, I would check the box on the sleeve. I have no idea what they did with
    those.
    Del March, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Scanz

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << I guess
    they don't check their returns before sending them out again. >><BR><BR>

    I'm sure they probably don't. Why would they? Unless someone has properly
    checked the box on the sleeve indicating the disc is damaged, they're certainly
    not going to test play every disc upon return. The whole point of Netflix is
    that as soon as the disc comes in, it goes right back to another customer.
    SoHillsGuy, Oct 8, 2004
  5. I had four in a row damaged.

    I rinse each one with warm water when I get them. I had one arrive with blood
    on it once.
    John339077353, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Scanz

    Guest

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:48:05 GMT, Scanz <> wrote:

    >I was wondering if subscribers to Netflix find that many of their rentals
    >are shipped damaged and unplayable. I had to return the same Sopranos disc
    >twice now because they froze while viewing. The first one had obvious
    >scratches and the second one had a very noticible crack in it. I guess
    >they don't check their returns before sending them out again.
    >
    >Scanz

    Well i've never had a problem with Netflix, but i just finished a
    trial of Blockbuster, wasn't impressed enough to keep it. 'Halloween
    5' (for some strange reason Netflix doesn't have it) was actually
    broken in half if you can believe that shit.. so i guess the answer
    would be.. No!, neither Netflix or Blockbuster check their DVD's
    before shipping them to you.

    ubertoadie
    , Oct 8, 2004
  7. Scanz

    Bob D. Guest

    Many of the Netflix discs I've received looked pretty beat-up, but they have
    all played flawlessly. (Except the cracked one, which was surely the fault
    of the Post Office.) Netflix is doing a great job of weeding out the bad
    copies. I wonder if they have special equipment to check the discs?

    Bob D.

    Bob D., Oct 8, 2004
  8. Scanz

    Tarkus Guest

    On 10/7/2004 8:56:24 PM, wrote:

    > Well i've never had a problem with Netflix, but i just finished a
    > trial of Blockbuster, wasn't impressed enough to keep it. 'Halloween
    > 5' (for some strange reason Netflix doesn't have it) was actually
    > broken in half if you can believe that shit.. so i guess the answer
    > would be.. No!, neither Netflix or Blockbuster check their DVD's
    > before shipping them to you.

    How do you know it wasn't broken in half during the shipment to you?
    --
    "Time is not important, only life is important"
    Tarkus, Oct 8, 2004
  9. Scanz

    Guest

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:58:26 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:

    >On 10/7/2004 8:56:24 PM, wrote:
    >
    >> Well i've never had a problem with Netflix, but i just finished a
    >> trial of Blockbuster, wasn't impressed enough to keep it. 'Halloween
    >> 5' (for some strange reason Netflix doesn't have it) was actually
    >> broken in half if you can believe that shit.. so i guess the answer
    >> would be.. No!, neither Netflix or Blockbuster check their DVD's
    >> before shipping them to you.

    >How do you know it wasn't broken in half during the shipment to you?

    it more than possible that the DVD was broken in shipment.. that's
    true, although i think that is unlikely due to the condition of the
    envelope in which the DVD was sent.. now usually when something gets
    damaged in the post, the packaging is always flayed or dog-earred or
    scuff marks all over it.. the envelope Blockbuster sent to me was
    pristine, extremely clean and hadn't been tampered with..

    ubertoadie
    , Oct 9, 2004
  10. Scanz

    zoey

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Netflix does a terrible job at checking their dvds. I have had more trouble with them than should be expected.
    zoey, Aug 28, 2007
  11. Scanz

    teagal

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    Damaged Netflix

    I've been with Netflix for years and so far I've only gotten one movie that was cracked. All others were okay.
    teagal, Aug 30, 2007