    http://www.stopfcc.com/

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck
    NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole, Jun 18, 2004

  2. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Fred Guest

    Netflix is pissing me off.

    I had the 3 out program for a while. Fast service.
    Switched to 5 out and have not seen a new dvd in a week. They are late.
    Their zip code is 25 MILES from me.

    I am now trying out WalMart.

    Fred, Jun 18, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote:

    > When you search for an Actor, Director, or TV series why can't it give
    > you the listings in chronological order? It would make things much
    > easier.

    It can be done using Netflix Freak
    <http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/software/netflixfreak.php>
    A version for PC will be available soon. Highly recommended.
    Reginald Dwight, Jun 19, 2004
  4. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 6/18/2004 2:26:40 PM, NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:

    > When you search for an Actor, Director, or TV series why can't it give
    > you the listings in chronological order? It would make things much
    > easier.

    Why are you asking here?
    --
    "There was no beer on the island, man. If they had beer they would have
    had, like, big-ass orgies."

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Jun 19, 2004
  5. I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the price.

    BushIsaDangerousBuffoon, Jul 7, 2004
  6. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    burris Guest

    BushIsaDangerousBuffoon wrote:

    > I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the price.
    >

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >> Netflix is pissing me off.
    >>
    >> I had the 3 out program for a while. Fast service.
    >> Switched to 5 out and have not seen a new dvd in a week. They are late.
    >> Their zip code is 25 MILES from me.
    >>
    >> I am now trying out WalMart.
    >>
    >> "NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole" <> wrote in message
    >> > When you search for an Actor, Director, or TV series why can't it give
    >> > you the listings in chronological order? It would make things much
    >> > easier.
    >> >

    >> > ..
    >> > Mr. Hole
    >> >
    >> > http://www.stopfcc.com/
    >> >
    >> > "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    >> > pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

    I have a 2 disk plan with Walmart for some time now. The service is
    really good. I am in Miami and my distribution is in Georgia. Within two
    days from when I return the disk, I get an e-mail thanking me and right
    away, I get another e-mail telling me the next named disk is on the way.

    The only error they ever made was to send a wrong disk in the envelope.

    burris
    burris, Jul 8, 2004
  7. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/7/2004 3:38:54 PM, BushIsaDangerousBuffoon wrote:

    > I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the
    > price.

    They recently added a hub in Vegas, and now I find returns only take one
    day, and deliveries only take one or two days. I couldn't be happier.
    --
    "I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
    days and doesn't die."

    Now playing: "05 - Nosumi Blues"
    Tarkus, Jul 8, 2004
  8. In article <9.com>,
    Tarkus <> wrote:

    > > I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the
    > > price.

    > They recently added a hub in Vegas, and now I find returns only take one
    > day, and deliveries only take one or two days. I couldn't be happier.

    Same here. I've noticed no slowdown and have only failed *once* to not
    get a popular new release in the last 3 years. Netflix is still rockin'
    in my neck of the woods.
    Reginald Dwight, Jul 8, 2004
  9. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Nonymous Guest

    "burris" <> wrote in message
    > BushIsaDangerousBuffoon wrote:
    >
    > > I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the

    price.

    > > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > >> Netflix is pissing me off.
    > >>
    > >> I had the 3 out program for a while. Fast service.
    > >> Switched to 5 out and have not seen a new dvd in a week. They are

    late.
    > >> Their zip code is 25 MILES from me.
    > >>
    > >> I am now trying out WalMart.
    > >>
    > >> "NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole" <> wrote in

    message

    give

    remain

    > I have a 2 disk plan with Walmart for some time now. The service is
    > really good. I am in Miami and my distribution is in Georgia. Within two
    > days from when I return the disk, I get an e-mail thanking me and right
    > away, I get another e-mail telling me the next named disk is on the way.

    I switched back to Netflix a few months ago after using Walmart for about a
    year. (I had previously been a Netflix customer before.) Turnaround time
    with Walmart was horrible for me: Usually about 7 days. That meant if I
    mailed disks back on a Monday morning, I rarely had replacements for the
    next weekend. Since I usually only watch movies on the weekends, that meant
    I only got to watch movies every other week. Also, Walmart rarely checked
    all disks in on the same day, even if I sent them out all together on the
    same day. And although Netflix has it's own problems with scratched disks
    these days, Walmart's were *much* worse.
    With Netflix, I consistently get a five day turnaround. i.e., when I mail
    back stuff on Monday, I *always* get an email on Wednesday telling me
    they've received the disks. And I always get replacements on Friday.
    I average 12 titles a month with Netflix. I averaged 6-8 with Walmart. For
    me, Netflix might be more expensive per month, but my 'cost per title' is
    almost half of Walmart's.
    Nonymous, Jul 9, 2004
  10. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    BWL Guest

    Yeah, Netflix USED to be great , but like Dell PCs, they're killing the
    goose for a quick profit.
    I've found Wal-Mart, DVD Barn & even FilmCaddy to be decent alternatives.

    "BushIsaDangerousBuffoon" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    BWL, Jul 9, 2004
  11. I live in a small (5,000 pop.) in rural Appalachia.
    I'm on the 8 out plan.

    Here's my count of movies received so far this year:

    Jan - 34
    Feb - 28
    Mar - 34
    Apr - 31
    May - 32
    Jun - 36

    I see no sign of a slowdown.

    Colon Terminus, Jul 9, 2004
  12. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    > On 7/7/2004 3:38:54 PM, BushIsaDangerousBuffoon wrote:
    >
    > > I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the
    > > price.

    > They recently added a hub in Vegas, and now I find returns only take one
    > day, and deliveries only take one or two days. I couldn't be happier.

    When did the Vegas hub get added? I live in LV and canceled my membership on
    the 12th of June because turn-around times had gradually increased to more
    than a week. The last discs I returned were still going to California.
    Joe Kaffe, Jul 10, 2004
  13. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/10/2004 12:09:38 AM, Joe Kaffe wrote:

    > "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    >> On 7/7/2004 3:38:54 PM, BushIsaDangerousBuffoon wrote:
    >>
    >>> I find that the service has been slower ever since they increased the
    >>> price.

    >> They recently added a hub in Vegas, and now I find returns only take one
    >> day, and deliveries only take one or two days. I couldn't be happier.

    > When did the Vegas hub get added? I live in LV and canceled my membership on
    > the 12th of June because turn-around times had gradually increased to more
    > than a week. The last discs I returned were still going to California.

    I think it was about a month ago. I think they still ship from San Jose,
    but returns to go a Las Vegas PO box, and they always show them returned
    the day after you mail them. So it shaves a day or two off the
    turnaround time, which was already pretty good (for me). Instead of a
    four or five day turnaround, it's now three or four days.
    --
    "No one needs to know about this except you, me and Mr. Soon-to-be-
    living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain-rapist here."

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Jul 10, 2004
  14. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    > On 7/10/2004 12:09:38 AM, Joe Kaffe wrote:
    >
    > > "Tarkus" <> wrote in message

    > >> They recently added a hub in Vegas, and now I find returns only take

    one
    > >> day, and deliveries only take one or two days. I couldn't be happier.

    > > When did the Vegas hub get added? I live in LV and canceled my

    membership on
    > > the 12th of June because turn-around times had gradually increased to

    more
    > > than a week. The last discs I returned were still going to California.

    > I think it was about a month ago. I think they still ship from San Jose,
    > but returns to go a Las Vegas PO box, and they always show them returned
    > the day after you mail them. So it shaves a day or two off the
    > turnaround time, which was already pretty good (for me). Instead of a
    > four or five day turnaround, it's now three or four days.

    I'll have to give Netflix another chance. If the new LV hub proves a disc
    can be dropped in the mail on Monday and a replacement is delivered no later
    than Saturday, Netflix can have my business again. Nothing local comes close
    to having the depth of inventory selection that Netflix has, and I miss that
    more than anything.
    Joe Kaffe, Jul 12, 2004
  15. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <BuqIc.1547$3u2.267@fed1read01>, Joe Kaffe
    <> wrote:

    > I'll have to give Netflix another chance. If the new LV hub proves a disc
    > can be dropped in the mail on Monday and a replacement is delivered no later
    > than Saturday, Netflix can have my business again. Nothing local comes close
    > to having the depth of inventory selection that Netflix has, and I miss that
    > more than anything.

    I'm in my second month with them, and while they have alot there's also
    some annoying gaps. No "St. John┬╣s Wort", for example, even though both
    the local Blockbusters and Hollywood Video have it.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jul 12, 2004
  16. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/11/2004 11:47:36 PM, Joe Kaffe wrote:

    > I'll have to give Netflix another chance. If the new LV hub proves a disc
    > can be dropped in the mail on Monday and a replacement is delivered no later
    > than Saturday, Netflix can have my business again. Nothing local comes close
    > to having the depth of inventory selection that Netflix has, and I miss that
    > more than anything.

    You actually should get it no later than Friday. They'll receive your
    old disc on Tuesday, and mail your new one either that day or the next.
    It typically only takes two days from San Jose.
    --
    "The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will
    find you if you want it to."

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Jul 13, 2004
  17. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/11/2004 11:47:36 PM, Joe Kaffe wrote:

    > I'll have to give Netflix another chance. If the new LV hub proves a
    > disc can be dropped in the mail on Monday and a replacement is
    > delivered no later than Saturday, Netflix can have my business again.
    > Nothing local comes close to having the depth of inventory selection
    > that Netflix has, and I miss that more than anything.

    They must be shipping at least some discs from Vegas. This week I sent
    in a disc on Wednesday. They received it and shipped out a new disc on
    Thursday. I received it on Friday. A two day turnaround.

    Tarkus, Jul 17, 2004